Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Net Curtains

Posted by Eric (Eric), 2 March 2004
Hi Guys,

I just been asked price a few hundred Bomb proof net curtains.

I thought the easiest way would be to get a laundry to clean them while I put on the extra for dropping and replacing them. But there is no reasoning to their prices, spoke to a few companies and their prices are all over the place. There is no consistency.

Has any one else carried out this sort of task?

Regards,

Eric

Posted by Nigel_W (Nigel_W), 2 March 2004
Hi Eric,

I cleaned a load of bomb proof nets last year. I charged £2.50 per square metre + VAT. 50% went to the launderers.

Hope this helps

Nigel
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 2 March 2004
Hi Nigel

What happened to the other 50%? Bombed out! Grin Grin Grin

Len

Posted by John_Flynn (John_Flynn), 2 March 2004
What are Bomb Proof Nets and in what situation are they usedHuh
Posted by Nigel_W (Nigel_W), 2 March 2004
John,

They are a net curtain made from a re-inforced fabric. THey are long and pool on the floor beneath the window. Heavy weights are sewn into the hem of the net. So when the bomb goes off the glass is caught in the net thus protecting the people on the inside from flying glass. You get alot of them around Westminster.

Nigel
Posted by John_Flynn (John_Flynn), 2 March 2004
Thanks for the info Nigel, don't think I'll see many of them, been a Country Gawby. Cool Cool Cool

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.