Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Watford Meeting Members Attending List So Far

Posted by woodman (woodman), 27 February 2004
Hi Guys

I have listed below those that intend to go to the above meeting on 31st March. If I have missed you out ,apologies but could you add your interest so that I can check numbers attending this applies also if you are bringing someone with you Wink

Nigel W
Chris @ Straker Cleaning
Dave Parry
Mark Betts
Phil @ DeepClean (Phil did I see you the other day in Woburn area?)
Magicman
Allen
Dynofoam
Lenpg
Woodman
Derek (if he can make it)
Mike (If he can make it)
D Lawrence
Paul Goodman
Callum @ Pristine Clean
I know several others are thinking about going just post below or if you would rather send a PM then please do so.

I would like to see a few more new starts as this would be a good opportunity for them to speak to experienced guys and pick up a few tips.

Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 27 February 2004
I am definate Wink
Posted by des (des), 27 February 2004
HI
Call me stupid but can you tell me whats happening at watford meeting start time and agenda as i seemed to have missed this one   des at mister clean Huh
Posted by woodman (woodman), 27 February 2004
Hi Stupid sorry Des Grin

On the 31st March 10:30 - 14:30 ish, we arranged a get together of like minded people from this board to meet up at:

A & M Cleaning Supplies
Orbital Crescent
Watford
Herts

Where we can have a coffee/tea, put faces to names have a bit of chin wag, exchange ideas,view the new Cross American System as demonstrated by Nigel along with other cleaning systems,materials etc that will be available for inspection etc etc.

Should be fun are you coming?
Posted by carpetmonsters (carpetmonsters), 27 February 2004
hi guys

i will be going also rick gerrard and son also steve carpenter

steve
Posted by mark_roberts (mark_roberts), 27 February 2004
I'm be flying over for a visit.

Steve, would it be possible to view your rotary system or would that be a no no with A&M?

See you all there.

Mark Roberts

PS. whos going on the sunny day out as I'm going there too.  

PPS. are easyjet on the stock exchange!!
Posted by clive (clive), 27 February 2004
I`d like to go but I have a golf day booked in at Hayling Island on the 31st.
Undecided

Clive
Posted by Nigel_W (Nigel_W), 27 February 2004
Mark/Steve,

I am sure it will not be a problem at all with A & M. They have kindly offered part of their premises with no strings attached. I too would like to see t oSteve's system and any others that are available from other cleaners.

Nigel
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 27 February 2004
Hi

I will be coming down probably with Steve Carpenter... I think it's my turn to drive

Look forward to seeing you all there

Cheers
Derek
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 27 February 2004
I’m defiantly on hopefully will bring another cc

Clive I understand golf it’s called networking.

Len

Paintball is networking too.........only with bruises Wink
Posted by Petersullivan (Petersullivan), 27 February 2004
Hi guys id love to attend but i will not know until the day before, sorry cant be more definate
Posted by Dave_Parry (Dave Parry), 27 February 2004
I'm Definately going, also bringing another CC.
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 27 February 2004
Chris

I agree paintball is also networking tool, but how do you see each other though the masks, I’m into the sedate sport of clay that way I can see who’s trying to shoot at me.

Len

160 degree goggles do not restrict vision Cool
I would love to go clay shooting but they dont run/hide and shoot back.........where's the adrenalin?
You say PULL and you know roughly where to shoot!!!
Not saying it's not skilled but i need an element of surprise and reflex Tongue
Maybe we should organise a PAINTY DAY OUT Wink
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 28 February 2004
Hi Chris

Not a bad idea never tried it but would like too.

Len

Posted by BeeClean (BeeClean), 28 February 2004
are you guys finally going to put one step up against solutions at this meeting? seems like an ideal time to test them if its not alrready been arranged
Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 28 February 2004
Simon,
I dont think it is a question of a face off between the chemicals Shocked
As far as i have seen, they are comparable in performance and end result............cost is what sets them apart Wink
I have been using Solutions and found Nick's customer service to be second to none, this does not mean that One Step suppliers are any different. Unfortunately, we are in this business for profit and if i am faced with two products that give me the same results, then the only choices i can make are on availability and cost Smiley
Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 28 February 2004
WEll said that man.

I recieved my solutions sample day after requesting it.

Good stuff

Cheap as well haha

Mark

Out of interest Chris, what dilution ratio do you mix yours at?
Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 28 February 2004
Have been using it at between 10 & 16 to 1. Very good results if brushed in well. Got Sebo Duo last week and it is a godsend. Cool
Solutions has removed marks left from previous cleans on 2 jobs, customer was told by last CC that the marks were fixed and no one could get them out Roll Eyes
I feel like a real poser going into property with Solutions Carpet Box but customers are in awe by the time you finish. Have signwritten box and got a call from first outing with it ..............good advertising medium Wink
Posted by John_Flynn (John_Flynn), 28 February 2004
I use Solutions 2 & 8 at 20-1 and it amazes me everytime that I use it, wait untill I get my T/M back, I'll be carpet cleaning for England.

Monday, Monday  Wink Wink Wink Wink
Posted by nick.solution (nick.solution), 28 February 2004
Hi Guys
Whilst I have no problem with anybody testing head to head.

Alan & Robert at A&M have put up their premises and hospitality to demonstrate the Re-coil and their own stocked products and no doubt other machinery, it would not be a good idea to use a competitors product on trial, " in their face " so to speak, if any one wishes to test chemicals it should be done in their  time and on their own premises. I am sure any distributor of chemicals and machinery would feel the same.  We are each trying to run professional organisations for the benefit of our customers,and to make profit in our own right.

If you wish to perform any test I think it would be polite to ask your Hosts permission first .

Lets keep it Professional

Best regards Nick
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 28 February 2004
Well said Nick, always the Gent!

John.

Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 29 February 2004
Chris

What do you mean Solutions Sign Written Carpet box??

Is this somthing that Nick if flogging?

Is it a kit?

Tell me more

Mark

Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 29 February 2004
Mark,
CarpetBox is sold as spotting kit from Solutions.
Very sturdy box that looks good with logo/trade stickers on. Good advertising medium.
Chris
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 29 February 2004
Hi

I am hearing about 'two' other companies producing microsplitters emerging onto the market place....haven't any names as yet..

Anyone else heard of them?

Cheers
Derek
Posted by carpetmonsters (carpetmonsters), 29 February 2004
hi derek

i am testing one at present it is very low on cost cheaper than solutions

steve
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 29 February 2004
Steve

This 'IS' going to be interesting... a micro-splitting revolution in more ways than one

Cheers
Derek
Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_Gourlay), 29 February 2004
When I was running a large shop in Newcastle.

I had Magnus Maggerson and Rod Hull and Emu on the same day making Celebrity apperances

Magnus would have gone head to head but Rod did not want to know.

I also had the Shopping Centres security on to me as the crowds were too great to handle.

Whats it got to do with carpet cleaning Nothing.

Thought this day was for Londers only now its not

I would like to come.

Many Thanks

Ian Gourlay

Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 29 February 2004
Hi Ian

Don’t ask just come along, the more the merrier.  You will probably get there quicker than the ones from south of the river.

Len

Posted by woodman (woodman), 1 March 2004
Hi Ian

you must keep of the sherry on a Sunday afternoon Grin

Magnus Magnusson, Rod Hull HuhHuh whats that all about.

Of course you can come, after all we're letting Derek in and he's a northerner Cheesy

The thinking behind the original post about Herts Beds and Bucks was that for a few hours people would not want to travel from too far away but of course all are welcome,, JUST LET KNOW Wink
Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_Gourlay), 1 March 2004
I am coming, but Im not in North East any longer just in the East.
Posted by Happyeater (Happyeater), 1 March 2004
I'm going to try and get along to have a look at the recoil 3 etc. Bit of a drive from Newcastle, so please leave me a cuppa, lads.

Paul

Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 1 March 2004
Hi Paul

Wouldn't it be cheaper to fly down from Newcastle... I hear that Easijet do some really cheap deals for inter-city flights if you book early enough

Cheers
Derek
Posted by des (des), 1 March 2004
Hi all
Im coming with two workmates .Want to see recoil machine and if any one has a turbo hard floor tool i would be interested . I had a phone call from a&m today and he told me that it is junction 19 off the m25 so hope to see you all on the 31st  des at mister clean
Hi Derek,

You're probably right, I'll look into it, thank you.

Used to have to travel down to Richmond / Kingston a lot in my Jani-King days, found that by the time I drove to the Airport then waited for the flight (and delays), flew down, got out of the airport then fought across London, I could have driven down...LOL. Crazy, eh?

Looking forward to saying hello, if you're there?

All the Best

Paul
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 1 March 2004
Paul

Did you have mentioned my pet hate JK  Grin Grin Grin Grin Cry but we talk about that.  See you there

Len

Sorry for the use of foul language on this board, Len.  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 1 March 2004
Grin Grin Grin

Paul

I was just typing a pm to the forum administrator regarding your use of the Queens English, apology accepted.

Look forwards to seeing you

Len

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.