Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

urine stains

Posted by nordan (nordan), 21 February 2004
hi  can enyone tell me the best way to remove urine stains thanks
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 21 February 2004
The following was  a response to an offensive reply (now deleted) not an answer to the orriginal question.

Nordan,

For these stains you require a protein spoter  Grin
You should also check with your optician.

John.
Posted by mickeyfat (VGC), 21 February 2004
Mr kemp...Nordan
if you wish to say words like that then please kindly leave the forum and do not come back
Posted by Ivar_Haglund (Ivar_Haglund), 22 February 2004
Keep that black light away from the front of you pants

and the customers.

IVAR Grin Grin Grin Grin
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 22 February 2004
Grin
Nordan

When posting I think you will find you will get a better response if people think you are being serious, by giving as much detail as you can and not just a bland statement.

Profanity will get you nowhere.

Len

Nordan

Forgot to add an apology from you, to the all the forum members would not go amiss.

Len

Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 22 February 2004
Hi everyone

I have deleted the offending post for the obvious reasons...the phrasing used was totally unacceptable.

This is the first time that I have had to delete a post and it is sad that I have to do so

Please remember that this is an open forum and your customers may well be reading YOUR comments

Derek
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 22 February 2004
Now we've all forgiven nordan for his careless reply how about answering his question Roll Eyes

They are permanant, this is what i believe and tell my customers, if they are old you hav'nt a cat in hells chance of getting them out.

but some of the stain wizards you get on here might know differently Wink

Mike
Posted by nordan (nordan), 22 February 2004
thank you mike thats all i was asking to know. blanching as i hink its called is all i can manage to do even with using prochems urine stain spotter and then a browning solution
Posted by Shaun_Ashmore (Shaun_Ashmore), 22 February 2004
In the US they recommend 'Pros choice' chemicals which are supposed to be excellent but I don't think there is a distributer here yet.

Shaun
Posted by Nigel_W (Nigel_W), 22 February 2004
Shaun,

I imported some of the Pros Choice chemicals a while ago to see how they worked. I did not feel comfortable using them on Wool carpets.

THe only chemical I have had any success with on urine stains with is sodium metabisulphite I(spray & go ).

Nigel
Norden

I have used urine spotter made by Chemaide Ltd it work well, if you need it urgently and would like too try it, your not to far from me (Sidcup) give me a call 07976 407246

You can’t buy this in any Jan suppliers; it sold directly to hospitals nursing homes.

Len

Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 22 February 2004
Nigel,

I'm sure you already know this but for the benefit of those who do not - Any acidic urine neutraliser (eg B153) MUST be thoroughly rinsed out before applying sodium metabisulphite to avoid production of toxic gas.

John.
Grin Grin
John

I think Nigel got a typing error “The only chemical I have had any success with on urine stains with is sodium metabisulphite I(spray & go ).” He must of meant Spray and RUN LIKE THE WIND.

Len

Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 22 February 2004
Len,

Trust you to notice that one  Grin Grin Grin

Will you be doing a stand-up show at Watford ?

John.
Grin
Sorry no John, there are far more qualified people in this game than me and I would be the first to give them a standing aviation and that’s not patronising to them who contribute too this board!

English was not best subject at school and probably isn’t now but I pick up on key words/phrases, if I see danger or foolishment I will advise.

Len

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.