Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

do you enjoy your job

Posted by T_W_CONTRACTS (T_W_CONTRACTS), 28 January 2004
HOW MUCH DO YOU ENJOY WINDOW CLEANING

is it enjoyable or do you do it as a case of having too
ive been cleaning windows for 15 years & i like it. where
else do you get the freedom of window cleaning.
if like me you are self employed then you dont have to answer to anybody Grin as long as you keep your customers happy & stick to your scheduel its cool Cool
if you worked in a normal 9-5 job you cant go home early
if youre not up for it. ok sometimes we have to put up with dodgy weather but its nice in the summer Cool my brother drives a black cab & he moans all the time about
the traffic & the passengers . give me window cleaning any time

ps; the money isnt bad too Cool Grin Cheesy

TERRY

Posted by mickeyfat (mickeyfat), 28 January 2004
i love it
it sounds funny but it calms me Smiley

i love getting a really dirty window and cleaning the whole thing, frame and all...looks lovley...and i get paid for it

am i sad? Huh
no your not sad: you just take pride in your work
and people will see that you are genuine and you will benefit from it
Posted by WavieDavie (WavieDavie), 28 January 2004
HOW MUCH DO YOU ENJOY WINDOW CLEANING

Twenty years on and I still love it. Apart from being a personal trainer, what other job would pay you for keeping fit?
Posted by Londoner (Londoner), 28 January 2004
Terry      Where does your brother drive a cab?
CENTRAL LONDON Sad
Posted by pussycatz (HCS), 28 January 2004
I love my job as I get to look at my reflection all day long. Grin
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 28 January 2004
Its great in the summer getting paid to get a tan , not so good in the winter  Cool
Posted by Spoonbill1970 (Spoonbill1970), 31 January 2004
Absolutely!
17 winters at it. Some days could see it far enough, but mostly a great job for keeping you fit(ish), being in the great outdoors, and being able to listen to TMS in the summer without interruption  Embarassed
I have a lot of customers who work in offices all day, and you'd think they were going to JAIL! Grin
As for not being answerable to anyone... Only the wife!!!

JSP
Posted by T_W_CONTRACTS (T_W_CONTRACTS), 31 January 2004
HA HA YEH THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES YOU CANT GET AWAY FROM Cheesy

P.S I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL YOU GUYS FOR
REPLY TO MY TOPIC .
KEEP ON SHINNING  Wink

TERRY.
Posted by bm012e7270 (CHRISTOPHER), 31 January 2004
28 years still in it Grin
Posted by poleman (poleman), 1 February 2004
me to, been going 15 years and looking forward to many more to come.  Smiley
Posted by jontydog (jontydog), 6 February 2004
At the moment I hate it working all week and not getting paid for it.  "Can you come back next week"  As most people on my round aren't in when I do the windows I have to collect.  All my customers know I collect Thurs Fri Sat at tea time and don't answer the door.

I love the job itself but am seriously thinking of selling up SadSadSad
Posted by Bones (Mikey aka Bones), 6 February 2004
4 months into it and i can't see why i did not get into it years ago Roll Eyes Going back around 8 years back i put it to her indoors i was thinking of starting window cleaning to which she replied don't be so "bleeping" stupid!! Now I've done it i can't imagine ever working for someone again! Grin

Mikey
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 6 February 2004
Winkwindow cleaning has brought me a long way WinkI never would have thought it would lead me to paths that it has Wink and guess what you get to bump into people like TW. Roll Eyes I have much work left to do to achive and conquer! and will not be satisfied untill I have do so,

all from window cleaning

long live the

squee gee
Posted by paul (paul), 6 February 2004
i love the job wouldent change it for anything i spend three days in the office now as were growing so fast but im trying to get the wife to run that for me as the summer will be here soon and it brings out or that lovely toty to look at when your cleaning windows Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Posted by WavieDavie (WavieDavie), 6 February 2004
but im trying to get the wife to run that for me as the summer will be here soon and it brings out or that lovely toty to look at when your cleaning windows      

Better keep her away from this site then Wink

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.