Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Getting bored

Posted by D.Salkeld_Ltd (D.Salkeld_Ltd), 22 March 2004
Does any of you chaps get bored with window cleaning?

David Salkeld

Posted by Silly_Philly (Philip Hanson), 23 March 2004
I used to sometimes.  Now I mostly work with someone else, and having company is better for not being bored.

When on your own, it helps to set yourself a goal.  For example, I promise myself a treat  for doing £150 in a day.  And something even better for more than £600 a week.  That helps to break to the monotony.

Also, I always chat to the customers who are at home.  Some people are really interesting!

Philip
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 23 March 2004
Yes, I go through spells when window cleaning really gets me down but I suppose this happens in most jobs.

I`ve just started back after a week off for a big horse racing meeting, so it`s worse than ever. I know which I`d rather be doing  Roll Eyes.

To avoid boredom, try doing fewer hours, if you can afford it. I can`t so I grin and bear it.

I find the weather gets me down more than the monotony, but only just.

Gerry.
Posted by Slatercleaners (Slatercleaners), 23 March 2004
I've just started out and am enjoying the work.
I'm sure once I'm sure of how to access the houses and in more of a routine it might get a bit mundane.

SO far though the customers really appreciating what I've done and the fact I'm earning £100-130 a day helps.

I think that the setting targets and goals will help, but having the right attitude about the freedom that wc allows you will help you view it more positively. I'm working 2/3 days a week and earning more than I did in a 5 day stressful job in Civil Engineering.
It comes down to remembering that your bucket is half full!!!
Easy for a newbie to say eh!!!
Gary

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.