Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Starting a window cleaning business - Equipment you need, suppliers to use and trade organisations to join, etc.

Insurance

Posted by james1 (jamesB), 6 April 2004
I have just started up my window cleaning business for domestic houses only. I start my first job on April 13th.

My question is about insurance, I have had a quote for 1million public liability insurance for less than 80 pounds.

Is 1 million ok for what I am doing?
Posted by Silly_Philly (Philip Hanson), 6 April 2004
Hi James and welcome to the forum

Yes £1m is enough for domestic.  Public liability is there to cover you in case you cause damage to someone's property while you're working, or injure someone.

If you damage someone's house or car, its hard to imagine it costing more than a few thousand poinds at most to put right.

However if you were to seriously injure somebody, or prevent them from doing their job, you would be liable for substantial compensation.  Thankfully this is rare, but even in such a situation £1m is enough.

If you ever want to tender for public contracts, for example schools or council buildings, they usually require you to have £5m cover.

-Philip
Posted by dave0123 (dave0123), 6 April 2004
Does anyone no of any good insurance companys please?

for ladder insurance and what ever is needed. i am currently starting my own round up.
Posted by JayUK (JamesBrewer), 6 April 2004
Thanks,

dave try this:

http://www.insuranceservices.co.uk/index.jsp?referrerID=ross@filescape.com
Posted by freegarda (Reflective Property Services), 7 April 2004
Friend of mine needs to get insurance, but is well strapped for cash, ideally needs insurance where he can pay in monthly installments. Anyone know of any companies that will do this?
Posted by seanc (seanc), 7 April 2004
i have used a companey called TRADEX in the past found them verry good

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.