Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

How to start up in carpet/upholstery cleaning

Posted by Central (Central), 29 September 2003
I'm currently running a window cleaning round which is going very well but Id like to expand into other areas and the cleaning of carpets and upholstery is an obvious avenue.  What sort of equipment would I need to start up and what are the sort of costs involved.
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 30 September 2003
Hi

May I respectfully suggest that you contact the NCCA (Carpet Cleaners Association) Tel: 0116 2719550 and book onto one of their two day training courses.

This will enable you to see exactly what you are getting yourself into without any hard sell. The NCCA provide training and are not in the business of selling chemicals and equipment.

You will learn all about the fibres and fabrics also the different methods of cleaning available to you and this should help in making a decision as to where you want to target your business.

Hope this helps

Regards
Derek
Posted by Northerclean (Alex), 10 October 2003
I totally agree with Derek, the course is a great starting point to get into the carpet cleaning game.

Good luck fella

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.