Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

Ashtray Air freshers (Help)

Posted by petra (petra), 13 January 2004
I need to find some where in the UK that sells smelly little crystal looking things (ok they may acualy be brown in colour) that you can place in ashtrays, and they release a plesant fragrance.
THANKS TO ANY ONE THAT CAN HELP
Petra
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 14 January 2004
Hi Petra

Can't think of any of our suppliers off the top of my head that do such things but I will have a look at the Jeyes / Sanoda range for you tommorrow and let you know.

regards

Mike
Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_Gourlay), 14 January 2004
My wife went out with the girls before christmas and has now taken up smoking.

My house is now poluted I fear for my health.

Those smelly things could be good
Posted by petra (petra), 14 January 2004
Have seen them a few years ago (when my old car went for its only ever valet) but hubby is going into car valeting and he want them so all help appreciated
Petra
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 16 January 2004
Sorry, although everyone seems to know what they are none of our suppliers actually supply them.
Will let you know if / when we do have access to them though.
Regards
Mike
Posted by catrodney (catrodney), 21 January 2004
Hi Petra,
Try www.cucinadirect.com based in london have just what you are looking for. Wink Wink Wink

catrodney.
Posted by Auto_Groom (Auto_Groom), 21 January 2004
been on the site and cant find it can you tell me where it is to be found please.... Huh
Posted by kb58 (keith b), 22 January 2004
Hi Petra,

Think you need `FRAGRANT PUMICE STONES`(£1.50) and are ideal for ashtrays from following website - [url][/url]www.themagikthread.co.uk/html/body_scented_products.html
Posted by Les (Les), 22 January 2004
You could also try Valeting suppliers in your area as they are quite popular in the trade for smelly motors.
Having said that I don't !  Grin Wink
Posted by stephen_gary (stephen_gary), 22 January 2004
I think that I may be able to help on this one.

Whilst on a recent trip to the yacutan pennisula I stumbled upon some crystals in a restaurant ashtray. When I asked the waiter what thay were for he said that when a cigarette contacts the crystals a lovely pungent aroma is produced. I found his claims to be totally accurate and the restaurant became engulfed in a lovely mist of sweet smelling clouds. He went on to explain that during the reign of the mayan civilisation, high priests used the crystals to disguise the smells generated by the peace pipes. During the ninth century the main element of these crystals was human blood, however this has now been replaced by ox blood.

This product is now readily available in most branches of Robert Dyas and is known as 'fagaway'.

hope this is of use to you
Posted by Auto_Groom (Auto_Groom), 22 January 2004
Well tried robert dyers website but no joy
thanx anyway.
Andy
Posted by catrodney (catrodney), 22 January 2004
Hi ,
Sorry about that seems that the company no longer supply the salts ,however try www.emporiumuk.biz  they definately sell what you are looking for. Wink Wink Wink Grin

Posted by Auto_Groom (Auto_Groom), 23 January 2004
cheers for that ordered them today  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Andy
Posted by Auto_Groom (Auto_Groom), 25 January 2004
After all the help that you all have given and ordering from that company. my M8 went to an Auto panel shop the other day and got what i was looking for.
Guess what it was only 6 miles away. would you belive that . Angry

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.