Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Curtain cleaning machines

Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 1 October 2003
Hi
Can anyone recommend a good machine for cleaning curtains? Prochem used to do a very expensive dry solvent machine which they have now discontinued. I suspect most people take them to a dry cleaners but I have a customer who is really keen to try and get a machine to do them himself.
Does anyone know if the CFR machine is any good for this?
Thanks
Mike
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 1 October 2003
Hi Mike,
          Stimvak do a solvent machine called a Toto. I am not sure of their number though as they have moved recently Huh

Steve
Posted by carpetmas5 (carpetmas5), 1 October 2003
HI for the last year &1/2 I have been useing a Ashby Sensi very good small machine with heater, you can also look at The Ultimate from US Products Tel:-01535 610969. Martin
Hi Mike,
          I have just dug out the number for the company that manufacture the toto solvent and they are 2CC's Ltd on 01494-791811 and the machine costs £725+vat. We have had one for the past 18 years that is still going strong so they do last. Grin

Steve
Thanks Steve
Is it a solvent machine?
Mike
Hi Mike,
          Yes they do two types a water & a solvent machine. Cheesy

Steve
Hi Mike,
          I only found out these machines are solvent by accident a couple of years ago when i telephoned Stimvak for some spares and after being amazed that we had a machine that was then 16 years old, He said you  do realise that you have a solvent machine dont you. Huh Huh I had been using it as our back up water machine all that time. Grin  The solvent machine as you probably know can be used for either so i have quite a useful little machine. Grin

Steve
Is the Ashby machine a solvent machine?
Posted by carpetmas5 (carpetmas5), 1 October 2003
Yes it is I also use it as a spare carpet cleaner as I am aT/M user
Thanks guys!
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 1 October 2003
Hi Mike

In answer to your question the CFR machine will clean curtains. You can adjust the combi handtool by inserting a finer jet (easy to do) and turning a dial on the top to increase the airflow. The pressure can also be adjusted between 0 and 400psi...take you pick

Just to put the cat amongst the pigeons ...many cleaners have refused to carry out curtain cleaning using the dry cleaning methods simply because of the results which are not so good.

I use steam! Shocked

Regards
Derek

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.