Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

HELP WITH MARBLE FLOOR PLEASE!

Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 10 March 2004
Wink does any one clean marble floors,I use k2 I am going to try and use k3 for better shine,any advice please be most greatfull Cheesy!
Posted by Eric (Eric), 10 March 2004
Hi Terry

I used to use K1, K2 and K3 a lot but change over to Stone Glo with a natural fibre pad for maintenance, no need for wire wool pads still get good results. I must say that the marble needs to be crystallised first time.

Eric

Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 10 March 2004
Winkthanks eric is it best to use k3
Posted by Eric (Eric), 10 March 2004
Hi Terry,

The system I use,

1 Re- Surface using Pacer diamonds.

2 Seal, protect and clean. Stone Soap.

3 Final polish and harden stone. Hulk powder.

4 Polish and maintain shine. Stone Glo.

I get these products from,

B I Crawshaw & Co
3 Silverwing Industrial Park
Horatius Way,
Croydon,
Surrey
CRO 4RU

TEL 020 8686 7997

There maybe other suppliers more local to you. With Stone Glo you do not need a Kleever machine or wire wool pads.  

Hope this helps

Eric

Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 11 March 2004
Winkmany thanks eric!
Posted by Marblelife (Marblelife), 12 March 2004
Depends what you mean by 'clean'? Marble is polished by abrasion - and this is achieved with resin bonded diamonds and polishing powders. Some co's like to use vitrification  Angry- I do not! - and actually this process does more harm than good in the long term.
Anyway if you want your client to have the best possible results on the marble floor, get it done by someone who has experience of doing this kind of work - a marble floor can be ruined if put in the wrong hands.
By all means contact me via this board if you need further assistance - or visit my web-site , www.marblelifeuk.com for further info. and some pictures of floors professionally refinished and polished.
Posted by adl (dave at adl), 14 March 2004
chemspec do a product called Marble Polishing Powder no the cheapest on the market but boy does it work if u want dtails of where to get it from let me know

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.