Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

any one from dorset

Posted by poleman (PoleMan), 15 February 2004
Hi iam andy from the window cleaning forum bit.
well iam hoping that some could help me out Huh

begining of the year i Employed chap by the name of Simon Paul Grey, Well two weeks ago i sacked him! he had 4 days of in 3 weeks, well the reason iam writing this post/topic is that he took a ceq from the back of my ceq book (£3452-00) and cashed it Angry well he has done a runner with my money, well he has a dad (they dont get on) that is a carpet cleaner in dorset would any one know his dad or does any one know him, as you can imagine all information is in the strictest confidence.

iam sure you would agree with me that this person needs to be court so that he can not do it to any one else in the cleaning Industry.

Andy

dorset

fed member    
Posted by replacement (Justin R), 15 February 2004
Silly question but have you reported this to the police
Posted by poleman (PoleMan), 15 February 2004
yes very silly Q but he did not leave forwarding address as you can imagine Sad

andy

dorset

fed member
Posted by As-New_Cleaning (As-New_Cleaning), 16 February 2004

Gentlemen,

There is no such thing as a silly question, just questions asked by silly people! Wink

All joking aside poleman I hope you catch up with this guy.

Darren
Posted by John_Flynn (John_Flynn), 16 February 2004
Report him to the police, he has commited a crime and they may be able to track him down!!

Did he have a vehicle, do you know its reg number??

Best of luck in your search.
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 16 February 2004
Smiley
PoleMan

Sorry for my ignorance, you say he took it from the back of you chequebook, was it signed by YOU, if so you have learnt a lesion, if not pursue it with your bank re signature.  I could go on but some may say what I don’t know will fill a library, that may be the case but I’ve never lost.

Len

Posted by poleman (PoleMan), 16 February 2004
HI U lot on the carpet cleaning side of things, i have just up dated on the window cleaning forum side but will copy and  paste it for you chaps as his dad is a carpet cleaner in dorset (Mr Grey).

yes i told the police and today got a copy of the ceq from the bank, he made the ceq payable to him self and payed it though his own back account which is not to clever, police did pay him a visit  but as you can imagine gone with no forwarding address, good news is that the bank have put there hands up (HSBC) and said sorry the ceq should never gone thought as it did not have my signature and they will pay the full amount back to me, the sad thing about this is that, i know the bloke had recently been down on his luck but if any one else applies for a job that is in the same situation but is totally honest they wont be geting any help from me.  

so if any one comes across a bloke by the name of SIMON PAUL GREY date of birth 21/09/71 "Let Me Know"
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 16 February 2004
Poleman,

Glad to hear that you will not be out of pocket.

It's sad that an experience such as this can so alter your outlook on life that it can sour your future interaction with others.

John.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.