Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

Method Statements

Posted by Cleanit (Cleanit), 31 July 2003
Can anybody help?  

I have just been requested to provide a method statement for a dry clean (vac) in a print room/warehouse building by a planning supervisor.  A bit extreme I think, have already issued a RA.

Has anybody got an expample of a MS that I can use?  I am using a scissor lift, harnesses etc, with barriers aroud perimeter floor, and polythene over equipment with operators using back vacs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jo
Posted by woodman (woodman), 5 August 2003
I know what you mean this can be a real burden,it's a good idea to carry this out at the same time as the RA as a lot of the larger companies are now insisting on it.

A method statement sets out your sequence of events and time needed for a given task.

Try fastplanonline they have several examples and can help you set it it out, for a reasonable fee you get a professional service.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.