Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

New Georgian Style Windows

Posted by AMG (AMG), 23 October 2003

Has anyone got these windows on their round?

I have three townhouses in a row that are only six months old and have double glazed windows with plastic moulding STUCK! onto the outside of the glass.. not very well stuck in some cases, the size of the squares are different on the part that opens to the bottom part which means I have to change channels half way through the window, cleaning each square usually 12 per window means that it takes an amazing amount of time to do you just 8 windows, I quoted £7.50 for the job but I think I would have to double it to make it worth my while..  understandably the customers were not keen on that idea. I think I may have to drop them from the round, has anyone else come across these type of windows?

Andy
Posted by matt (matt), 23 October 2003
i have a estate with them on, 35 odd houses Sad

the trims are allways coming off Sad
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 23 October 2003
Hi Andy,
           I have a few jobs like this but i use a leather and scrim to clean them and find that works quite well.

Steve
Posted by gibbouk (gibbouk), 23 October 2003
i switched to waterfed pole with these i have 2 showhomes on the coast so get dusty with all the work and salty as well, takes a fraction of the time and comes up so much better. these frames are total crap, the bars fall off the ammount of grit they store behind them is terrible, they look awful from the inside
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 23 October 2003
Hi AMG

I to have a couple of jobs like the one you describe.
In my bucket I always carry 2 squeegee's one 12inch and another one I cut the channel down to 8 inchs both are complete with handles and find the 8 inch will clean any georgian style window,fan lights etc
While I work both squeegee's are carryed around in my holster, for around £4 to £5 for a handle not worth the hastle.
My 18inch channel is kept in van and put together when needed.
Cheers Alan

P.s not a very nice window though
Posted by Rick (Rick), 23 October 2003
er....why don't you just mop and scrim the top panel and squeegee the rest?
Posted by simonb (simonb), 23 October 2003
I got a few together and then sold them - it's the only way.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.