Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

Valeting start up help

Posted by paul@ctcs (paul@ctcs), 5 April 2004
I was asked today if my cleaning bussiness provided a valeting service. With the chance of obtaining a fair amount of work i am interested in training courses (i'm in east anglia) and what equipment is needed to provide a quality valet, if any one could offer some advice i would be most thankful.

Paul
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 7 April 2004
Hi Paul

BICS do a Car Valeting Certificate Scheme which covers stain removal, pressure washing, engine cleaning, exterior cleaning, interior cleaning, upholstery cleaning, paint renovation and exterior polishing.

The courses are reasonably priced and there are assessment centres around the country (although I dont know off hand who would be closest to you)

The BICS website is http://www.bics.org.uk

Hope this helps

Regards

Mike
Posted by paul@ctcs (paul@ctcs), 9 April 2004
Thanks Mike i'll check that out Smiley

Paul

Posted by Splashgroup (Splashgroup), 10 April 2004
Hi Paul
I did the AutoGlym training course back in 1991 and I must say it was very helpful to me indeed. However as long as you can take the on slaught of AutoGlym sales pitch and ignore it just listen to the good help and advice you will be OK. Don`t remember the costs but needless to say it will have gone up in price.

Good Luck
Stuart

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.