Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

GG4 / Temperature

Posted by Neil (wylie), 9 February 2004
I have been using gg4 for about 6 weeks and found that 15ml in 10 lts suits me and has speeded me up quite a bit but today I noticed something a bit different.
I was working on a 4 bed semi which was in full sun on the front and total shade at the back of the house.
The glass at the back was very cold as it has been for the past few weeks and everything was as it should be but when I was working on the front with very warm glass the drag on my squeegee was very noticeable.
Has anyone found that more gg4 is needed in the summer than the winter?  

Posted by sc (sc), 9 February 2004
I use gg4 and was having problems today in the sun. It was leaving smears around the edges. I didn't have problems in the shade so It must be the sun. I was having to scrim a lot more than normal to make sure there were no smears.
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 10 February 2004
Hi Wylie
           I have been using GG4 for about 8 months now and don't really notice much difference in the sun but i do notice with GG4 that you do need to change your blade regularly. Wink

Steve
Posted by fez (fez), 10 February 2004
I've had the same problem in sunlight - there's a thread all about it somewhere on this board.

My solution was to really fill the applicator up, i.e. when you dip it in the bucket, don't remove too much excess.
I have found that if the squeegee "squeeks" on the glass then there's not enough solution on.

It doesn't seem to matter how much you use - if you squeegee carefully you can still avoid scrim work. Grin
Posted by Neil (wylie), 10 February 2004
Thanks Guys.
Steve you got me thinking (yes it was painfull)
Up till now I have been changing my blade every other day and that has been OK but latley I have speeded up no end. I am doing in three days what was taking me a week so I guess I should be changing my blade more often as its doing more work each day.
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 10 February 2004
Its worth a go because it made all the difference for me Wink

Steve
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 11 February 2004
Winksteve am I right in saying there is a gg3 and gg4 Undecided
I have used it once gg3 but found it cleans your hands nice, Huhthats it, Tongueand some people like to see bubbles Cheesy bit  Undecided about it,and its not cheap Shocked
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 12 February 2004
Hi Terry
          Yes GG4 is for hard water areas and GG3 for soft water areas Wink

Steve
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 12 February 2004
Hi Terry
          Here is a link to Titan Laboratories that make it

http://www.titanlabs.net/index.htm

Steve

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.