Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

NEW CHAMMIE - SMUDGES

Posted by jonnyboy (jonnyboy), 11 February 2004
Just started using new chammy, however leaving a lot of smears and smudges on glass(using after squeegee).  Does anybody know why this is and what I can do to stop it ?  Are you meant to soak them or something first ? Know a lot of you guys don't use these but any tips would be appreciated. Shocked Huh Roll Eyes
Posted by woods_windows (woods_windows), 11 February 2004
i only use my leather on leaded glass or small windows eg.doors and things but strait after i use a dry scrim to dry off i think to use just a shammy i think you need it not to wet but not to dry just moist..worth a try anyway
Posted by simonb (simonb), 12 February 2004
Shammies are history.
Use a scrim it is much more absorbent
Posted by windogleam (windogleam), 15 February 2004
on 02/11/04 at 21:09:04, woods_windows wrote:
i only use my leather on leaded glass or small windows eg.doors and things but strait after i use a dry scrim to dry off i think to use just a shammy i think you need it not to wet but not to dry just moist..worth a try anyway

Posted by windogleam (windogleam), 15 February 2004
throw the new shammie in the washer on a long cold wash then it,ll be ready for work
Posted by mark_binnie (windowman), 21 February 2004
Put chammie in a bucket and blast it with a pressure washer. best used damp. Get a scrim much better, only use chammie on leaded windows

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.