Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

urine problem on leather suite

Posted by adl (dave at adl), 16 March 2004
I have cleaned a leather suite however the customers dog keeps urinating over the suite and especially down the sides, The main problem is the wooden feet that have soaked up a lot of the urine, can anyone give me any ideas how to cure the oddur from the wood
Many thanks Dave
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 16 March 2004
Dave

A bit lost with your post you say dog keeps lifting its leg on a leather suite you cleaned the leather but the problem is with wooden feet? More info please Huh Huh Huh

Len

Posted by Dave_Parry (Dave Parry), 16 March 2004
Would maybe try to mask with a beeswax polish, making sure not to get on carpet. Failing that try Lens favorite and shoot the dog.
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 16 March 2004
Dave

I purposely left that out as some take offence, but they don’t have a problem with killing dust mites. I now expect to be ridiculed on this.

Len

Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 16 March 2004
Len,

I, for one, am not going to ridicule you, though I am compelled to say that as least a dog has a chance to run away.

As  a true bhudist I have spent many years carefully cleaning around the defenseless house mite - who knows, either one of us could be one in our next incarnation.

You're not a very nice man and if I had any friends and had a Christmas card list I would cross you off it.

Yours tearfully,

John.
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 17 March 2004
John

What dog running away, I may of hold it the owner shot it! I only supplied the gun I think the word you are looking for is reincarnation, thanks Allah  I’m not on his  Xmas card list that has saved me a first class stamp,

Your Happily dog & cat loving
Len

Posted by adl (dave at adl), 17 March 2004
Len

The urine has soaked into the wooden feet of the suite, we have cured the problem of the leather smelling but i cant cure the problem of the wooden feet smelling, the varnish on the feet has been broken down over time by the urine, however the only suggestion i have at the moment is to have new feet made for the suite (the suite is a very expensive one with large turned feet that will come off, i understand about the beeswax but i want to cure the problem and not just mask it up.

Any ideasHuh? thanks
Posted by Jim_Lynch (Jim_Lynch), 17 March 2004
Do you tune up their car when you clean the seats?
You must learn to recognise your limitations. You were engaged to clean the leather, which you have satisfactorily done. Now if the customer wants you to fix the legs, touch up the paintwork on the skirting boards, wash the dog......you have to ask yourself what  sort of business you want to operate. If you want to be a jack-of-all trades handyman, that's fine. but if you want to set yourself up as a professional carpet and upholstery cleaner, you will either set yourself up with a group of skilled tradesmen to whom you can refer this type of work, or respectfully tell your customer you cannot help with the legs problem.

Jim
Posted by nick.solution (nick.solution), 17 March 2004
Dave

remove the feet and place them in a plastic bag then use an anti bactreial deodoriser in some very hot water or through a steamer, allow the steam to fill the bag      ( Carefully its HOT!!)   seal the bag over night the deo/antibac should permeate the wood, they may require re varnishing after drying

Best regards Nick
Dave

Thanks for the extra info, try Nick way

Len

Dave

Forgot to add let us know out come

Len

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.