Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Starting a window cleaning business - Equipment you need, suppliers to use and trade organisations to join, etc.

Where to buy equipment

Posted by deano (deano), 4 September 2003
starting out wat equipment need best place to buy
Posted by Steve002 (Steve002), 4 September 2003
Hi

Try these :

http://www.wintecs.co.uk
And
http://www.cleantech.co.uk
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 4 September 2003
Hi
Give us a call on 0800 9154154 and we'll get you started. I'll get a typical start-up list posted here tommorrow. Take a look at http://www.express-cleaning-supplies.co.uk/shopbask/cg360001.htm
Regards
Mike Boxall

(post edited - sorry got wrong webpage!)
Posted by Steve002 (Steve002), 4 September 2003
Sorry mike i forgot express ip so i put them to
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 4 September 2003
Hi deano did you receive the reply I sent you a while ago about equipment, how are things taking off? Ok I hope, I have used Mike_Boxall’s company (express-cleaning-supplies) before for scrims, floor cloths bucket on a belt etc and found them every good, delivered next day and where quite reasonable as your first order should be quite a large, if over £50 you should get free delivery too.
I am not blowing smoke up anyone’s rear but as you are just starting up they will guide you through the necessary equipment.
Good luck Alan

Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 5 September 2003
I'd recommend the following just to get you going

1 x 526027      10” Plastic Window Washer Frame £1.87
1 x 526025      18” Metal Window Washer frame £3.72
1 x 526030      10” Window Washer sleeve £2.40
1 x 526032      18” Window Washer Sleeve £3.43
1 x 526010      Stainless Steel Squeegee Handle £3.10
1 x 526011      12” Stainless Steel Channel & Rubber to fit 526010 £1.77
1 x 526012      14” Stainless Steel Channel & Rubber to fit 526010 £1.98
1 x 526013      18” Stainless Steel Channel & Rubber to fit 526010 £2.35
1 x 526014 22” Stainless Steel Channel & Rubber to fit 526010 £2.70
3 x 526021 36” Replacement Rubbers for Channels @ £1.59 = £4.77
1 x 526052      Safety Scraper. Removes paint, bird droppings etc £1.75
1 x 526053      Pack of 10 Replacement Blades for Scraper £1.32
1 x 526043      Best Grade Chamois Leather 3 sq ft £9.63
2 x 526050      Grade 1 Linen Scrim 1 sq m. @3.34 £6.68
1 x 526045      Double Pouch on Belt to hold scrim,chamois etc £9.63
1 x 526046      Bucket to fit Belt to hold squeegee & window washer £14.37
1 x 526066      Heavy Duty Window Cleaners Bucket 20” long £15.54
1 x 526002      Cranked Adaptor for Pole to angle tools flat to surface to be cleaned £10.69
6 x 526311      1L Unger Glass Cleaning Liquid £13.86
1 x 501300      Caution Sign “Window Cleaning in Progress” £11.36
1 x 526003      3 x 1.5M Telescopic Aluminium Pole to enable reach up to 6M from ground level. Squeegee, Window Washer & Cobweb Brush will all fit pole £26.93
                                   SubTotal            £162.93 + vat
Delivered Free

Hope this helps
Regards
Mike  Boxall
Posted by gibbouk (gibbouk), 5 September 2003
check out old posts
i put a list up before
you dont need all that stuff
i have been going for 15 years never having half of that.
a 12" and an 18" squegee blade covers most things.
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 6 September 2003
Hi Deano the equipment I carry with me to do my window cleaning are as follows
One 14 inch T-Bar and Sleeve.
One 18-inch squeegee  (For larger windows)
One 12-inch squeegee  (plenty big enough for most windows I have one Unger and one ettore)
One 8-inch squeegee (Handy for little Georgian windows and fan windows sometimes use to get a better clean then ragging a window)
Proper Floor Cloths (med-high grade) as handy for washing down and washing down little windows, which are too small for T-Bar to fit (These I paid £7.00 for 10 I think, will do for any cleaning work, lead lights or little Georgian windows washing down frames etc)
Two Grade 1 scrims. Will need braking in, a couple of boils and I usually wash my car after once broken in last for ages. You can never have enough scrims 2-3 should do. Handy for buffing up windows, Wiping around frames, runs left on upvc windows along the edges but up to you
One retractable scraper with spare blades, not Stanley. I have one Unger and one Ettore (one’s spare) they both have soft blades in them
One bottle of Persil or fairy liquid
One SIR rectangular Bucket comes with the caution sign on the sides but used to use a big black bucket for years before up too you.
One bucket on a belt and squegee holder on a workers belt handy when doing ladder work keeping tools on your waist leaving hands free to climb ladders (optional)

The following should help start you up at a cheap cost
Hope this helps Alan

Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 6 September 2003
Hi Gibbo
You must use t-washers, scrapers, buckets, scrim etc? Plus you have to have either a) a pole b) a ladder or c) customers that only live in bungalows, surely?
It's a list of what we sell most of and not too big an investment to start a business.
Regards
Mike Boxall
Posted by gibbouk (gibbouk), 7 September 2003
as i said i posted a list in a earlier post. i use an 18" t bar and a 12" same size with squegees. scrapers i use mac tools single edge blade ones for heavy duty and an unger one for day to day. i use clean tech in scotland for my supplies good service and cheap prices. but the most inportant thing is their honesty if you dont need it or what you are using is better they will tell you
Posted by SqueegeMan (SqueegeMan), 8 September 2003
Just thought you might like to know, we use a compnay based in Dagenham, Essex called the All Clean Group. They have a massive selection of window cleaning equipment (including ladders and safety harnesses) at quite reasonable prices. www.discountcleaningmachines.com
Posted by sham33 (sham33), 23 September 2003
I get my stuff from www.scrimcity.co.uk never had any trouble with them  Grin
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 23 September 2003
I use www.wintecs.co.uk
but should we not  support the forums sponsor Cool
Posted by sham33 (sham33), 24 September 2003
Guess so, maybe i'll just keep quiet  Wink
Posted by samm (samm), 24 September 2003
hello all,

great forum.
I've looked at and emailed www.cleantech.co.uk for delivery terms and charges- but no response.
dont usually get back till after 5 so have not phoned, any1 used them before and know what delivery is?

thanks in advance, sam
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 24 September 2003
Samm
I would give them a ring they have never replied to any of my e mails   AngryI dont think the office person is all that clued up with the computer , but they have 2 phone numbers 1 for the office and a mobile the mobile would be the best one to try  Cool
Posted by gibbouk (gibbouk), 24 September 2003
i have not emailed clean tech always phoned them very good at that good advice good prices
Posted by matt (matt), 24 September 2003
im ordered form http://www.wintecs.co.uk 2 nights ago, the stuff arrived today, which is next day delivery

and del was free aswell, cannot fault that
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 24 September 2003
Hi I too have ordered from wintecs and they are really good with next day del good over the phone too, I also have got stuff from ares truely Mike Boxall and not blowing smoke and that but found them really good and helpfull too with next day del also received there cd-rom to brouse over handy
Alan
Posted by samm (samm), 25 September 2003
I've used wintecs a fair few times now, find them good-just scrims a bit cheaper at clean tech, sounds like I'm better off phoning them. I'm gonna check express now aswell.

This forum has picked up momentum in the last few months, I remember checking daily with little change - now response's in the hour!

cheers guys keep it up.
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 25 September 2003
Gone mad hasnt it its good
Alan
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 1 October 2003
Hi Alan,
          Where did you buy your GG4 from Huh and how much was it Huh

Steve
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 1 October 2003
Hi steve
I brought  my GG4 from wintecs, I know now was not the cheapest place to buy from but well happy with the after sales wintecs give also have saved alot of money on other products
Alan
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 3 October 2003
steve                                                                                         i got my gg4 from scrim city with delivery and vat it was 31 pound something as opposed to wintecs 40 pound something. dont know what you pay but i hope this helps or maybe you can get it cheaper. ps if your order is over 100 pounds at scrim city free delivery so cheaper still( i think 5.95 plus vat delivery charge so may be worth it)   gerry
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 3 October 2003
Hi Gerry,
            I get my GG4 from the federation and it is £21.75+vat  so i guess i am getting it at a good price. Grin

Steve Lowe
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 3 October 2003
Steve
Do they charge postage on top as well Cool
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 3 October 2003
Hi John
          Yes they do but i normally place a decent size order and then i don't need to order that often.

Steve
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 7 October 2003
Hi steve
Wintecs emailed me today and GG4 has come down £7.00 to £33.00 3.8l all in
Cheers Alan
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 7 October 2003
Hi Alan,
          I thought they would come down in price as they have to stay competitive. It looks like they have some good stuff for window cleaners. Cool

Steve Lowe
Posted by Rob_B (Rob_B), 7 October 2003
I get all my stuff from wintecs as you get it all delivered next day providing it's in stock and you order before 5pm

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.