Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

What Gloves are on the market.

Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 28 January 2004
Hi all,
I called Darrell from the window clean centre about window cleaner’s gloves,
I was after the Unger one’s was especially interested in the one with the pink flash but was told I had to see bones for that make (sorry bones).
While I was talking about he Unger gloves we were talking about how much water did they hold and was it enough to soak the scrim if they were wet, answer was yes.
Darrell spoke about a range of full waterproof gloves he stocked and if you have not had a look, well worth a call,
The pair I ordered was the Glacier Perfect Curve; the gloves are designed with a curve designed to your hand, they are full waterproof closed neoprene, and once applied into the water the outer glove will not absorb any water so keeping cloths etc dry, designed with ease of grip and “Hypalon” palm and fingers to give increased durability.
Other makes are the Kenai, 2nd Skin, and Thermal Star all are full waterproof and well worth a look he also stocks Glove Liners.
Number is 0800 413 512 or Email
sales@windowcleancentre.co.uk
Hope this helps if having a job to keep warm this winter.
Good luck
Alan

Posted by crystal (crystal), 28 January 2004
hi shinnyshinner, what a coincedence Shocked ive just ordered the glacier gloves myself today as i felt the unger ones ive got were making me go  through scrims very rapid must compare notes on glacier gloves hope we wont be
Cool    Wink

crystal
Hi Crystal
Yea will post and let you know what I think and you the same. cheers.
I was not going to bother with gloves this year until today well cold, thought right day off must be going soft.
Good luck
Alan
on 01/28/04 at 21:48:40, shinnyshinner wrote:
Hi Crystal
Yea will post and let you know what I think and you the same. cheers.
I was not going to bother with gloves this year until today well cold, thought right day off must be going soft.
Good luck
Alan

Me too mate dont like the white stuff ! Roll Eyes
Hi Crystal
I liked the thought of it until today, really cold here in essex how about your way
Alan
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 28 January 2004
I know what you mean about the Unger glove holding water. I`ve got a catalogue from the Window Clean Centre and their gloves look impressive.
Wavie Davie uses the Glacier and speaks highly of them and he`s in Scotland  Shocked, so they can`t be bad.

Gerry.
Hi g_griffin
When I was talking to Darrel he spoke highly of them, and if good enough for wavie davie in Scotland should be good for down here, he mentioned that if you look at yr hand it has a curve the same as the gloves this stops the gloves straining your hands, this should make these a more comfortable glove to wear too.
Cheers
Alan
on 01/28/04 at 21:53:35, shinnyshinner wrote:
Hi Crystal
I liked the thought of it until today, really cold here in essex how about your way
Alan

only a couple of inches or so but its going to freeze tonight so will be like an ice rink tomorrow, kicking my heels again tho did canvass some shops today so not t otally wasted Sad
i live in a village in north wales by the way 10 miles from chester
Posted by matt (matt), 28 January 2004
my first pair of ungers split around the joins of the fingers Sad

i got another pair

then caught my index finger on a rose bush and it tore a massive chunk out of it

these unger glooves dont last long

my both pairs lasted less then a month Sad
Hi matt
I brought a pair of the unger gloves and ended up giving them to my brother as I never needed to use them they lasted him 4 days then they split,
wringing cloths out dont help puts strain on the seams,I am not sure but because of what the gloves are made off I think all will have this fault,surpose we will just have to take it easy or take of before such work is carried out.
Alan
I bet the pink ones are stronger.  Kiss  Grin

Gerry.
on 01/28/04 at 22:40:51, shinnyshinner wrote:
Hi matt
I brought a pair of the unger gloves and ended up giving them to my brother as I never needed to use them they lasted him 4 days then they split,
wringing cloths out dont help puts strain on the seams,I am not sure but because of what the gloves are made off I think all will have this fault,surpose we will just have to take it easy or take of before such work is carried out.
Alan

yes alan  ive resorted to just putting them on for handling ladders alum of course lot of messing round must admit
Hi g_griffin
Only thing is the pink one’s look a bit queer you met bones yet? (sorry bones)
Alan

Hi Crystal
thats what i'd use them for carrying ladders for cold days not hard wearing work
Alan
Alan,
   Not had the pleasure but I don`t think I`d miss him in THEM gloves.

Gerry.
Hi g_griffin
you and me both
waiting for him to come on he is around.  OOOiii
haha
Alan
Hi Crystal
North Wales bet its cold your way,
I have family in south Wales near Carmarthen they tell me its horrible there in winter must have some nice views this time of yr.
Alan

on 01/28/04 at 22:59:52, shinnyshinner wrote:
Hi Crystal
North Wales bet its cold your way,
I have family in south Wales near Carmarthen they tell me its horrible there in winter must have some nice views this time of yr.
Alan

certainly have got mountains at the back of my house , not as nice as the view i got last saturday afternoon though think that should be on another thread  Grin Grin
Hi Crystal
your ok it is after 9.00
Alam
on 01/28/04 at 23:09:05, shinnyshinner wrote:
Hi Crystal
your ok it is after 9.00
Alam

alright alan
nothing earth shattering just a full on view of a thong & its contents , sure she must have seen me if did she certainly was full of spirit i am old enough to be her father but not bad was just commenting 2 months in n ot seen a dicky  bird  well ive now seen the bird Shocked Grin
think my word before birds been edited nothing naughty in the context  clue 1 ----- bird northern cricket umpire bachelor i believe  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

crystal
Hi mate
you lucky thing the high light of my month was to knock on a customers door to find a lady standing there with dressing gown almost open showing more then she should,
sounds ok but she is around 84. not a good sight at 8.30 in the morning
Alan
on 01/28/04 at 23:26:32, shinnyshinner wrote:
Hi mate
you lucky thing the high light of my month was to knock on a customers door to find a lady standing there with dressing gown almost open showing more then she should,
sounds ok but she is around 84. not a good sight at 8.30 in the morning
Alan

hope you skipped the full english that morning then alan
by the way did you get paid Grin
Posted by Bones (Bones), 28 January 2004
Well roll on Friday guy's looking at my book (or should i say George Alan), my little lady friend who i got an eyefull off at the begining of the month is due again Wink Roll Eyes

And i'll be wearing my Gloves with the go faster pink straps on!! Cheesy

Mikey
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 29 January 2004
Hi all
I received my new gloves today so thought I'd test them out as I was not working.
i put them in the water and when I pulled them out gloves were almost dry the water ran straight off them, when you wear then they dont feel any different to the unger gloves.
Look forward to trying them out tomorrow
Alan

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.