Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Uploading Own Photo

Posted by easycleanwindows (easycleanwindows), 4 February 2004
Changing the topic peeps can anyone tell me how to put my own pic in my profile?Ive tried using freeserve photo album dosent seem to work.
HelpHuh?

Thankyou
Posted by Silly_Philly (Silly Philly), 4 February 2004
The only way to get a picture on is if it is on a web site.  Right click on the pic, properties then copy/paste the http address.

You could put your picture on your own website, upload it to the forum, then take it off your website.

I don't think you can just upload one from your own PC.

Silly
Posted by T_W_CONTRACTS (T_W_CONTRACTS), 4 February 2004
ME TOO IVE TRIED PUTTING CORRECT WEBPATH/MYHOMEPAGE BUT NO JOY.
I HAVE ALSO E-MAILED CLEANIT-UP
BUT THEY DIDNT GET BACK TO ME Huh
Posted by easycleanwindows (easycleanwindows), 4 February 2004
Thanks for that ive tried doing that copy and paste from freeserve photo album website dosent seem to work?

Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 4 February 2004
What I did to get mine was click on the picture save as whatever , then when you see it it has a title pic1 or something like that  I went into my profile , then modify then I just typed my web address and the image title so to put mine on I typed in
www.windowcleaner1/img1gif
and after a few tries I did it , there could be a easier way but this worked for me
Posted by Neil (wylie), 4 February 2004
Hey Silly
Nice one it works  Grin
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 4 February 2004
on 02/04/04 at 19:28:35, Silly Philly wrote:
The only way to get a picture on is if it is on a web site.  Right click on the pic, properties then copy/paste the http address.

Silly

Hi Silly
        I would be careful doing what you suggest on someone elses site because most have copyright on them Shocked

Steve

Good point Steve.
The Photo I have used comes from my nephews site and as I have just raised 55k in sponsorship for him I dare him to complain.
But I suppose you could find yourself in trouble if you used someone elses image.
Is there any way of them tracking you down?

Hi Wylie
           I think your ok with your picture. Like you say he cant really complain can he Grin   But yes if you use pictures off of somebody elses site they can track you down through your internet provider.

Steve
Hi Steve
You were talking the other day about people being more open about who they are.
I notice that if you check the properties of the picture they use then it leads you to the source
Maybe one or two on here may get caught out or am I getting a bit James bond? Wink

Grin  Didn't notice that before now.

Steve
Must be the Dinner Suit I am wearing Grin

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.