Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Authors/Books/Water Purification Treatment

Posted by L.Doubtfire (L.Doubtfire), 24 January 2004
Does anyone know of any authors of  books regardingwater purification
treatment etc. Journals specificlly relating  to converting tap water to pure
water?  Thanks for any `info` at all.

Lewis Doubtfire Gleem Clean.

Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 24 January 2004
Hi Lewis,
You will find it hard to get those books off the shelf, as they are mainly printed by institutions & bodies that service the water boards & training bodies that supply them to the big companies. A good search on the net will bring up most questions you want answered. I have 2 boxes of old treatment waterworks books, honestly-you don't even want to go there. The average water company test for 1000 elements in a water sample a day. And the information in most books is geared up for industrial water making, not for pole users.

http://www.lenntech.com/scientific-books/water-treatment/overview-books-water-treatment.htm

http://www.watergenius.com/
Posted by L.Doubtfire (L.Doubtfire), 24 January 2004
Karl,your post dos`nt surprise me.My local library hav`nt been much help really.
Everyone I know connected  with pure water window cleaning have said they`ve
learned things and just picked it up as they`ve gone along.
It seems like the makers of R.O. Units give out the best `info` like ya say down the
internet after a search. Thank for your input anyway.

Lewis Doubtfire,Gleem Clean.

Posted by pdhanson (Silly Philly), 25 January 2004
What we need is one of you expert pro's who know all the stuff to write an e-book all about water fed pole window cleaning.  Its advantages, techniques, problems and how to solve them.

All the books on water treatment i've seen deal with drinking water, removing bacteria etc.  Not much help to us!

Silly
Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 25 January 2004
Thats why Peter started the pole users site.
http://www.window-tools.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl
Posted by Diamond_Vision (Jeff Brimble), 25 January 2004
Silly , theres something called a generation gap maybe, Huh Do, you know how to write an e book ??
Posted by pdhanson (Silly Philly), 26 January 2004
Yes, its very simple.

Silmply write you're book in word or any text editor, save it as a .txt or .doc file and pop it in your kazzaa "shared" folder.

Then the next time you log onto kazaa, (or any other peer to peer client, but kazaa is the biggest), other users can download it in word form and print it.

I read somewhere that in 20 years there wont be such a thing as publishers anymore.

Its popular for most book types now.  There's a project somewhere to get all of the books in the british library scanned and made into ebook form, though I only read this somewhere.

Silly

Those jets worked a treat by the way Jeff, pump is coming on tuesday.  Thanks very much for your help.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.