Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

round for sale in bedfordshire

Posted by dean1979 (dean1979), 21 December 2003
Smiley If anyone is interested I am selling a residential round in mid beds , just above luton. It takes about three days aweek 9am-2pm for me to do (i am slow as i havent been doing it long). Generates about £900+ every four weeks. Lovely little number, looking for offers around £2500 - £3000. Is this over priced? or is it fair.
Posted by pdhanson (Silly Philly), 21 December 2003
Hi Dean,

Just some advice regarding the price of your work:

The usual going rate would be about 2.5 x the monthly value.  However, if the work is very good maybe 3 or 3.5x at the most.

According to my calculations, your work is worth about £15 per hour

(5hrs a day for 3 days X 4 weeks = 60 hrs for £900
therefore £900/60hrs = £15 per hour)

This is okay, but a little below average for the south of England i'd say.  I just bought some more work thats about £22 per hour for 3x its monthly value.

So I think you'd be pushing it to get more than £2500 for such work. But, hey if someone will pay more, good luck to you sir!

Silly

P.S. 9am to 2pm??!!! Call that a work day?!! you could get it all done in two  7.5 hr days if you tried!

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.