Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Satisfaction of customers

Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 30 November 2003
You must be completely satisfied with our work or we'll keep cleaning until you are.

Old lady says i dont like it young man, do it again  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Have any of you chaps fallen fowl of such advertising, i am a bit dubious to put such text in my adverts.

I Know certain training packages endorse such quotes but is it really sensible.

Your views gentleman Huh Huh

All the best

Alex

Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 30 November 2003
Alex

I think I can say without any fear of contradiction that whoever cleans a carpet, even if they do a simply fantastic job will still pull out more soil if they go over it again.

Cleaning carpets in situ is always going to be a compromise

I am not sure whether that answers your question though!

Derek
Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_G.), 30 November 2003
It happened to me on a rental. I offered the guarantee when I should have declined business or not offered guarantee.

I did it again. Eventually you will be in a position to take work of your choice

AND interview  YOUR CUSTOMERS.
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 30 November 2003
Ian

I 'NEVER' give or offer a guarantee.
I tell my customer that I will do the best that I can but so much depends on the substrate, the length of time since it was last cleaned ...if ever... and as far as stains go...you never know what the customer has done to it already.

Usually everything else has already been attempted and 'YOU' are called in as a last resort and expected to perform miracles.

Derek
Posted by MICHAEL_GAYTON (MICHAEL_GAYTON), 30 November 2003
I  carry a guarantee that the customer will be delighted
if not i reclean and if still not happy i return there money.
But i will only survey and never book work over the phone also i do walk away from jobs.the point is we all are good at what we do.In the 16 months i 've ran this, i have been called back twice.be never had to return money.i do clean top end customers!
mick
ps
Derek
whats this you do not perform miracles i seen you make stains vanish
Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 30 November 2003
Alex

We will have a good chat when we meet tomorrow.

Cheers

Mark

PS

Dont forget me cd's if you have finished with them, if not dont worry
Posted by Fintan_Coll (Fintan_Coll), 30 November 2003
Michael, that was Magic you saw him doing.
Posted by Ivar_Haglund (Ivar_Haglund), 1 December 2003
your always going to get customers like that

IVAR'S NO MONEY BACK GUARANTEE

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH SERVICE OR PRODUCT FROM OUR COMPANY

I SUGGEST YOU GET A FEW FRIENDS AND SETTLE IT YOURSELF

Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Roll Eyes
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 1 December 2003
Hi

Magic....no.... its not magic....I just move the carpet around so the stains are hidden under the furniture. Roll Eyes

Better and safer than a stanley knife  Wink  Grin

Derek
Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_G.), 1 December 2003
i worked a mirricle but it did cost me time.

The customer was South African pretended not to speak good english, went out while I cleaned carpets.
She was a primary school teacher.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.