Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

is this a good P/W

Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 4 February 2004
if you click this link.  is this a good buy? ( the big 140kg, 18hp  pressure washer at £ 1299

http://www.northerntooluk.com//clearance/default.asp?action=&k=&i=&s=&page=&x=0&h=5&g=4&id=749&x=0&h=5&g=4

thanks
mike

if the link does'nt work its part no 157206E
Posted by Auto_Groom (Auto_Groom), 4 February 2004
Alto are the no1 cleaner .the Aston martin of cleaners.
Andy.
try machine mart they are good and will give a good discount.
Posted by Auto_Groom (Auto_Groom), 4 February 2004
sorry for double post
watch your self with northern tools they say things are in stock and they get it out to you next day and it turns up 4 days later oh yer they take your money even before they send the goods .
and the law says that you have to ship the goods before you take the cash and they are well rude when you phone and ask where your stuff is.
GOOD LUCK Angry
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 4 February 2004
Mike

Seems like a good price (the catalogue I've just got through prices it at £1499.00 +vat)

Have you considered the Delta range we do (I'm assuming it's for the driveway cleaning) on p32 of the catalogue I sent. It's direct direct drive rather than belt drive (more reliable!) and perfectly suitable for what you want to do (and it's cheaper?)

Regards

Mike
Posted by catrodney (catrodney), 4 February 2004
Hi Mike,
Have you thought about hiring a machine?The only reason why i say that is we clean drives/patios and found that March/April are the busiest times and apart from the odd occasion the machines used to sit in the lock-up, not anymore sold them and now hire and get a good rate from the hire company and also better on your books.
regards,
Tim.
Posted by Northerclean (Alex), 4 February 2004
Mike,

Looks like a good machine hope you do loads of cleaning. I think catrodney has a good point.

Alex

Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 4 February 2004
Mike, i did think about the delta range but this machine looks like i'm getting a lot more for my money, bigger engine & 4000psi

must say though, yours is £300 cheaper than dual pumps Wink Wink and  the 12mth on-site warrenty looks interesting.

Tim, i did worry that i might be taking a risk and not get the work for it but its not a big investment, and i've a few ideas up my sleave

mike
Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_Gourlay), 4 February 2004
Are you taking on staff Mike as I thought you were fully booked.

Or do you plan to work afternoons aswell

Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 10 February 2004
I've bought it. Now i need advise on how to clean driveways Tongue

I know I'm doing things the wrong way round but I've got the work, but need some tips on how to do it quickly  & thoroughly.

also any ideas of other pressure washing areas I can go into (graffita removal, stone cleaning ect).

Ian, I am snowed under with carpet cleaning but I've wanted to start another bissiness for sometime to build up and sell, so thought I'd try this. its only a little investment and if things work out it will be a good earner.

Mike

Posted by Old_Master (Old_Master), 10 February 2004
Mike you must have a hot wash or steam cleaner to do graffiti removal.
If you use a cold machine the chemical "freezes" and you will be left with a big splodge of mixed colours that look a lot worse than when you started.
Glyn

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.