Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

starting off!

Posted by mark2 (mark2), 29 January 2004
Is someone you know usually your first customer in the beginning or how do you normally attract that first customer.how many people can you realistically expect to see in your first month?
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 30 January 2004
Hi Mark

That's a difficult one to answer...its been a long time since my first carpet cleaning job.

The main core of my business in the dim and distant past was office/contract cleaning and carpet cleaning became an extension of that business with hard floors being replaced by, mainly heuga tiles (the hairy ones) at the time.

My first domestic was obtained as a result of my initial advertising campaign....it was a nerve racking experience working in such a close proximity with a customer.. the lady is still a customer to this day, also her family who have since married and set up house themselves.

Best of luck ...do a good job and you should get referrals.

Derek  
Posted by Dave_Parry (Dave Parry), 30 January 2004
Just checked my records,for my first month July 2002, 7 jobs £ 750.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.