Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Not For The Squeamish

Posted by woodman (woodman), 19 December 2003
Undecided
Got a call last night from a department store in the town centre they have had a blocked drain and fluid (note the word fluid) is coming down through ceiling tiles into lift area there is, they say, a strong smell.

I call and go up to the 1st floor and the smell of urine hits you the minute you walk out of the lift.Brown stains line the walls the floor is wet the ceiling tiles which are metal look ok.

I grab some steps and get up to inspect the tiles to see where leak is coming from as I lift the first tile which needs a bit of a push a splash of 'fluid' falls on me and onto the floor, its clear that 'fluid' is trapped up in the tiles so gingerly I move it and let the fluid run off into a bucket which half fills with a brown strong smelling sludge.

Onto the next tile feeling more confident as I've got most of it out I push tile just long enough to see that some pratt has placed a small bucket on the tile to collect fluid from the leak from the pipe above, unfortunately this is full to over flowing and as I try to  push the tile back it topples over flooding me and the floor in urine  Cry

I smell like a tramp laying in the urinals, the floor is soaking along with the walls and has to been cleaned and sanitized and manager is falling about laughing.

Gives a whole new meaning to the term p**s Head Embarassed

To top it all the missus wouldn't let me in and makes me change outside and the van this morning smells like the toilets in Leicester Square on a friday night, (not that I hang around them you understand)  Grin

Ah the joys of this job Cry
Posted by carpet_bright (carpet_bright), 19 December 2003
You should try to do a good days work instead of all that pi**ing about!

Paul
Posted by john_archer (john_archer), 19 December 2003
Ru gonna change your name to slashman
Posted by Ivar_Haglund (Ivar_Haglund), 20 December 2003
I take it you dont know what a tyvek suit is
Posted by Northerclean (Alex), 20 December 2003
Nasty stuff woody, if I get any calls I'll pass them on Wink

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.