Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Ladder engraving

Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 10 January 2004
Does anyone know anywhere that does Ladder engraving Huh  I had it done years ago on my old ladders but i could do with getting my new ones done.

Steve
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 10 January 2004
Hi Steve
I am not sure to your question but was told by the windowclean centre, if you buy a wooden ladder from them they will engrave your ladder free.
Sorry I cant help will ask around
Good saving.
Alan
Thanks Alan
                 I will give them a ring Monday and see if they can tell me where to go Wink

Steve
Hi steve
Good luck.
You brought some new ladders then.
Alan
Hi Alan,
          Yes i bought another Double A frame thats a bit longer and when i was looking at my van today i was thinking their is a few quid on the roof so i could do with them engraving.

Steve
Hi again mate
buying a router and doing it yr self is out of the question any good with your handsHuh
My old women keeps telling me I'm good with my hands but every time I do a job for her she tells me off.
dont know what jobs I must be good atHuh
Alan
Posted by Bones (Bones), 10 January 2004
on 01/10/04 at 17:44:06, shinnyshinner wrote:
My old women keeps telling me I'm good with my hands but every time I do a job for her she tells me off.
dont know what jobs I must be good atHuh
Alan

Hi Alan,

Nor do I?? Your Mrs said i'm good with my hands too!!  Wink

Mikey
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 10 January 2004
Why not just spray your ladders with  paint on one side ,I have a nice green streak down one side of mine . Cool
Hi John
          If they were stolen though they just need to rub it down and then sell on. If they are engraved it cannot be covered up.

Steve
Posted by matt (matt), 10 January 2004
As alan said

buy a router from B&Q, get a cheapy 1, will be about 30 quid i would bet, then just set the depth to a few mm and away you go, nice and easy and you will allways have the router Smiley
Posted by pw (paul w), 10 January 2004
steve there use to be a company called swan alan in twickenham 0208 891 5540 im sure thay do ladder engraving paul Roll Eyes
Hi Paul
         I know Swan Allen Smiley I used to go their but have not been their for a couple of years. John one of the owners used to work for a cleaning supplies company called Diswinco that was in Kingston and then Chessington. I will give them a go Wink

Steve
Posted by pw (paul w), 10 January 2004
steve john now owns clean connections; byfleet 01932 344760 he is probably worth a call paul
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 11 January 2004
Thanks Paul
                  I already use clean conections but i dont personally pick the stuff up. I didnt know john owns it i will have to pop in their Wink

Steve
Posted by Neil (wylie), 11 January 2004
Hi Steve
Have you thought of stamping all your equipment?
www.screwfix.com do a 36 piece letter and number set for about a tenner.
Type letter stamp into search.
Its a cheap alternative and you can do quite a lot of your gear.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.