Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

carpet cleaner will not clean

Posted by stevegunn (Steve Gunn), 13 December 2003
a white carpet because the underlay would turn the carpet greenHuh? Has anyone had this problem?
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 13 December 2003
Steve,

I am not sure exactly what you mean but I have on several occaions encountered the situation where, at pre-vac stage a carpet has apparently turned green or black due to the fact that the foam backing had turned to powder an was being drawn through the pile.

John.
Posted by stevegunn (Steve Gunn), 13 December 2003
Went to do a job this morning where the other carpet cleaner asked what kind of underlay the lady had down she said it was dark green he went on to say it could not be wet cleaned as the carpet would turn green.After i inspected the carpet & underlay i went on to clean it with hwe and guess what no adverse reactions Grin
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 13 December 2003
Hi Steve,

Did the "other carpet cleaner" have a chamios leather hanging out his back pocket?

What a load of tosh !

I hope you made it clear to the customer that there is a differece between a profesional cleaner and the likes of him - you should have a customer for life thre  Wink

John.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.