Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Public liability / Damage Insurance

Posted by jimmy (jimmy), 31 August 2003
I wonder if anyone can help me. I have just discovered this site. I have currently bought the extractor excel machine and have done carpet and upholstery cleaning course. The only problem is I am having trouble getting insurance. I have been in touch with companies and brokers who say that they will only supply public liability and will not insure for damages to carpets. Is this normal? My only other solution is to supply a disclaimer to the customer, does anyone do this. Your help would be appreciated! Smiley
Posted by Derek (Derek), 31 August 2003
Try...

McGregor Lloyd Ltd.

Tel: 0121 706 0616

32, Richmond Road, Olton, Solihull, West Midlands. B92 7RP

Regards
Derek  
Thank you very much Derek. Thats much appreciated.
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 31 August 2003
thats who I'm with, cost me £210 a year for liablility and £10,000 ( I think) of items worked on insurance.

they will also insure you equipment against getting nicked

Mike
Thanks Mike.

That is cheaper than I thought it would be. I will give them a ring. Unfortunately there is not a lot in Blyth, Northumberland.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.