Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

January Gloom

Posted by paul_moss (paul_moss), 20 January 2004
Guys this is my first year in Carpet cleaning and I am finding Jan very slow.After speaking to local businesses they are saying the same.
Is it just my neck of the woods (North Wales) or are you guys finding this Jan harder than usual to get some work.

Paul
Posted by Dave_Lee (Dave_Lee), 20 January 2004
Paul,
It can be slow in Jan & Feb, this is where being fully established comes into its own. I Know its more difficult in the early years, but should get better each year for you. I myself have enjoyed a rest doing about 50% of normal, but am just starting my new year marketing campaign and expect very shortly to be at full ahead.
Just keep working at your own marketing - the more you get the stuff out and the quicker (Providing its good stuff of course) the faster you will get your year going, and then maintain the momentum for long lasting results.
Dave.
Dave
Thanks I wil take that onboard
Paul
Posted by Cloverleaf (Cloverleaf), 20 January 2004
Keep at it.

My first few years were the same.

This is my 4th year and I,m as busy now as before Christmas.

Do a good job and be proffessional.

Dont offer cheap prices to get extra work, it doesent work.

Look at other avenues of income to fill in the gaps which are cleaning related, It works for me.

John
John
You are right .I have just opened a car valet centre and it is slow but ticking over.Between the 2 it pays the bills.

Cheers mate
Paul
Posted by Phil_@_Deep_Clean (Phil_@_Deep_Clean), 20 January 2004
Paul,

Agree with all the other comments, my 1st couple of Jan/Feb were a nightmare, but like the others say it dose get much better as the years go by.

Phil
Posted by Dave_Parry (Dave Parry), 20 January 2004
Ditto Jan / Feb are bad months, but dont forget to mailshot last years customers, they were happy to have work done last Jan/Feb and may feel the same this year. Every little helps. My second years trading and so far better than last.
Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 21 January 2004
Paul, January jobs always slow down Cry Once people get paid after xmas then things pick up.......starting to take a flood of bookings for February/March.
Nothing personal or related to area Roll Eyes. I moved areas a year ago and have noticed no difference between work rate in London or Surrey. Stick with it and put some money aside during busy December. COZ JANUARY IS THAT RAINY DAY Wink
Posted by Ivar_Haglund (Ivar_Haglund), 21 January 2004
Try cleaning north of the Arctic circle in Jannuary

IVAR Tongue
Posted by Northerclean (Alex), 21 January 2004
I'm so slow its unreal, but it's my first year so I'll take the rough with the smooth.

I'm going to post a load of leaflets to past the tme and hope work picks up.

Alex
Posted by martin_606 (martin_606), 21 January 2004
Hi guys

sorry to hear you are slow, i have been going now for about 5 months and things have just gone nuts.

My 1st couple of months were slow, odd job here and there, dec was good and now is great, still have full time job also, but existing on 4 hours kip cause of work volume and don't want to let anyone down.

Keep at it mate and you will succeed.

Regards

Martin Cool
Posted by md_cleaning_york (md_cleaning_york), 22 January 2004
I am also in my first year and have ben spending the time dropping leaflets and sorting advertising out.Now is the time when people will be getting their first post christmas pay so hopefully things will start to look up good luck.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.