Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

How do I clean tiled floors!!

Posted by chartermarque (chartermarque), 11 January 2004
Hi
I am new to the site and the cleaning industry, currently building a premium window cleaning business.

Quick question:  What is the best way to clean heavily soiled entrance proch floor tiles?  These are black and white check pattern, I have tried cream scourers and even oven cleaner!! Huh

Any advice much appreciated.
Thanks
Posted by petra (petra), 11 January 2004
we use a prosuct called clover gel, mix for heavy soiled, then mop on, leave for a bout 4 mins and mop again, stubborn marks you can use a floor brush. Rubbers are good for black scuff marks. We dod us another product Virosol this is also excellent.
Your should avoid product that are not designed for the job, as damage can occur. Is the floor sealed?
Petra
Posted by chartermarque (chartermarque), 11 January 2004
No I don't think the floor is sealed in any way.  It is in a 1930's house.

Are you able to direct me to a source of the products you mention?

Thanks again
Posted by petra (petra), 12 January 2004
why not speak to our sponsors, or your local cleaning supplier, these are clover products.
Petra

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.