Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Glass Gleam 3 problems

Posted by Central (Central), 25 September 2003
I bought Glass Gleam 3 and have been using it for 2 months as I feel you need to give it a fair crack of the whip as Ive been using fairy liquid prior to this.

I don't find it to be any better than washing up liquid.

It states that you can but it onto a french window with an applicator - wash it down with a hose pipe and leave it to dry and it will dry smear free.  Ive tried this and it doesn't work.

Is it a gimmick, has any one had any problems or success with it?  Is there something Im doing wrong (I've tried between 3ml per gallon and over 5 ml per gallon but with the same results.

I'd appreciate any feedback.
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 25 September 2003
Hi Central,
              If its anything like GG4 it takes a bit of getting used to and experimenting with amounts. Do you live in a soft water area as that is what GG3 is for Huh

Steve Lowe
Posted by Central (Central), 25 September 2003
We live in quite a soft water area.  It just seems that it doesn't do anything very much and definately doesn't compare to washing up liquid.  Ive tried using the amount they tell you to use and have put more than double what they say to use as well and there really doesn't seem much difference.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.