Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Spotting Guide

Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 20 February 2004
I was thing about supplying my domestic customers with a spotting guide; do any of you do this?

Len

Posted by Ed_Valentine (Ed Valentine), 20 February 2004
Len;

I think it's a great idea, and if done properly, one that keeps your company name in front of the customer too.

The customer may throw away a business card, but less likely to do so with a neat instruction guide.

Good Fortune and great idea; Wink
Ed Valentine
Posted by Ivar_Haglund (Ivar_Haglund), 20 February 2004
FREE bottle of spotter with your company name and number on it

If you cant remove with spotter CALL ME NOW!!!!!!!!

IVAR Grin Grin Grin
Thank Ed

Hi Ivar not a bad idea but have reservation in leaving a chemical and instructions on usage with a customer with all the H & S regulations etc.

Len

Posted by Alan_Kennedy (Alan_Kennedy), 20 February 2004
Len

I leave one of the NCCA leaflets with every customer. It has my stamp on it for further contact and the customers appreciate the First Aid Stain Treatment section in it.  At 8.5p each I reckon it's good inexpensive PR.

Alan
Posted by Dave_Parry (Dave Parry), 20 February 2004
Presumably these NCCA leaflets are for members only ? or can anyone (me) use them.
Posted by Shaun_Ashmore (Shaun_Ashmore), 20 February 2004
I leave a spotting guide with every client it has cleaning info and loads about cleaning in it promoting me
Roll Eyes

Shaun
Shaun, is this something, you'd be prepared to share with a sheffield ex pat living down south? Grovel grovel Grin Grin
Where abouts in Sheffield did you live and which team do you support?

Shaun
Was born in Chapletown, and used to support Barnsley (My cousin used to coach their youth team)!! Been a missionary for 25 years now, so really a southern softy Cool Cool
Sorry Dave I’m not an NCCA member so I can’t give you details of the leaflets, but give me time if they exist I will get one and forward it to you.

I see you now a so-called elitist t/m are you happy with it? Don’t give the manufacture

Dave/Shaun On football there can only be one the lions, not that I’m into to football wife and kid’s MU sad B’s

Len

You've been missing for some time you've spelt Chapeltown wrong, you tyke. Send me a private message with you address.

Shaun
Lions? more like pussies! Grin

Shaun
I can't believe what the board has put on my last post I put 'cats' but feminately and it's been changed!

get a grip

Shaun
Grin
Shaun

Sorry football is like watching paint dry boring, what all the footy fan’s need is a day at the national ballet then they will see skill.

Len

Posted by Dave_Lee (Dave_Lee), 21 February 2004
Dave Parry,
Dave were almost brothers - I too was born in Chapeltown - but dont tell Sheffield Shaun that or Dewsbury John.
Dave.
Posted by Shaun_Ashmore (Shaun_Ashmore), 22 February 2004
Chapeltown Leeds?

Shaun
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 22 February 2004
Hi

Sorry to drag you all back to the original post.

Len has a very valid point... giving advice may leave you open to the responsibility for any damage caused by the customer following advice you have given.

If you supply a chemical spotter then your customer 'should' read the manufacturers instructions and this should, I believe, absolve you from responsibility

Cheers
Derek
Posted by Shaun_Ashmore (Shaun_Ashmore), 22 February 2004
What about the spot removal guide on a NCCA leaflet who is liable if it all goes wrong?

Shaun
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 22 February 2004
Sorry Derek

What I should have said I’m not averse to supplying a spotting guide with a disclaimer printed on it “quote this guide has been provided free of charge from xxxxxx however we cannot take responsibility for the advice enclosed or it’s misuse unquote”

Leaving chemicals is another thing, which I would be not happy about!

Derek do you have ms publisher on your system if so can I send you my spotting guide for you to have a look at and comment on any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Len

Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 22 February 2004
Hi Guys

Shaun...The current NCCA leaflet is, as far as I can recollect, pretty generic and safe....providing the customer does what it says exactly....that's the crunch.

Len, I am not sure which leaflet you have it may well be one of the old ones as you state that you are not presently a member.
The NCCA have always erred on the side of caution with information to customers for that reason.

People don't read labels.....I would like to bet that there are times when we all don't either....human nature as it is.

I have drafted an information sheet of my own that simply extols the virtues of the wet and blot principal only...if it doesn't come out with that ....call me!

Cheers
Derek

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.