Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Starting a window cleaning business - Equipment you need, suppliers to use and trade organisations to join, etc.

LADDERS & ladders

Posted by surreymac (surreymac), 18 January 2004
Smiley HI guys,as a new window cleaner (starting soon)i want to make sure what ladders i should get,i like the wooden pointers,do i need to get a pointer and also one that extend..thx mac  Roll Eyes
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 18 January 2004
Hi Mac
         I would not want to be without a small point or an A frame extension ladder. They can be bought from

www.ladders999.co.uk

Hope this helps

Steve

Hi Mac
         Forgot to say if it is normal house height you are going to do the sizes i use are

Mon 07S
Mon 12D

You will see them on the website i gave Wink

Steve
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 18 January 2004
Wooden of course eh, Steve  Grin.

I`ve been considering getting some myself when I get the money (something always comes up). These cold mornings have swayed me towards the wooden but how wide is the point at the top and would it fit on narrow frames.

Cheers,
                          Gerry.
Hi Gerry
           Yes the point will fit on any frame. If you have not been using A frames up to now you will wonder how you got along without them Wink  Yes all mine are wood because i feel safer and warmer in the winter on them but their are fours and against with both.

Steve
Posted by surreymac (surreymac), 18 January 2004
thank steve,i had a look at ladders999.and they seem like to right ladders for the job.mac
Posted by pdhanson (Silly Philly), 23 January 2004
Ladders999 is the website of Lansford Access.

Lansford sell Titan ladders under their own brand, it is cheaper to get them directly from Titan.

You'd save about £100 that way (or so I found out yesterday from a friend.  Made me rather sick as I just paid full price for mine)

Silly
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 23 January 2004
Hi Silly
        Where is Titan Ladders based Huh Have they got a website Huh

Steve
They are in Bristol, Their website is:

www.titanladders.co.uk

Here's a quote from their website:

"Titan Ladders, a private limited company, occupies a 2 acre site south of Bristol where it manufactures and supplies the widest and most comprehensive range of ladders available in the United Kingdom."

What's even more sickening, is that I live in Bristol, so it would have been no trouble to get them direct!

Oh well, nevermind!

Silly
Thanks Silly,
                 Shame they dont show prices on their website but i will give them a call Monday and find out prices. Did you buy wood or aluminium ladders Huh

Steve
I bought 3 section alloy trade duty ladders from Lansford.

ELT335 on the "alloy ladders" page of www.ladders999.co.uk

They are not pointers.

Cost £177

A friend of mine got exactly the same ladders £100 cheaper from the factory.

Silly
Crikey, I will get a price list Monday because i have got a friend looking to replace ladders soon.

Cheers Silly Wink
You have to be careful with 3 section ladders.  For window cleaning, you have to have ones that can be seperated.

With the lansford, and titan you can seperate them and only use 2 of the three sections easily.  With some cheaper ones, you cant seperate them.  This is v important as most of the time you dont need the 3rd section, and if you leave it attached you'll break your back carrying them.  Its a real killer.

Make absolutely sure they can be before ordering, as this is something the ladder people think doesnt matter much and will go "er, yeah probly".
Silly
Posted by stevekennedy (stevekennedy), 24 January 2004
Looking for cheap titan alu ladders? Try www.screwfix.co.uk I got mine (3.5 double trade 2) for £99 inc VAT and delivery. Very quick service. Worth a look.
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 25 January 2004
I presume you can seperate double section pointers.
Can you?

Cheers,
       Gerry.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.