Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Recommend a sprayer 4 uphol clean?

Posted by chris_rushton (Chris_R), 31 January 2004
Can anyone recommend a good sprayer to use for the application of pre - spray when cleaning upholstery. I think that the ones with the brass nozzles are the best. I only want to apply a very fine mist. I find that the cheap plastic nozzles are a bit "hit and miss" quality wise. Ideally about 2 litres capacity. What does everyone else use?  Huh
Posted by Christal_Clean (Bryan H), 31 January 2004
There are lots of decent sprayers around from 1.5 L upwards,
but you don't really need anything expensive , as long as it has a good brass nozzle.
I use a cheap Wickes 5L jobby, but with the lance cut off & a
short brass nozzle attachment fitted cut from a 1.5L sprayer.
Its a DIY job but works brill.

I don't like the small 1.5 L upholstery sprayers, if you have a large job you are forever stopping to re-fill.  I always fill up at home with hot water, then it saves time on the job.     Smiley
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 31 January 2004
Application  Techniques do a nice range of sprayers at economical prices. I bought an Orion 3 litre pump up sprayer with an 8m curly hose and hand gun  with an 01 tip for upholstery for £89.18 inc. VAT and delivery at last years NCCA Show. Seals are solvent resist too so you could use for protectors. Can't find a web address. 01273 495858.
Safe and happy cleaningSmiley
Ken
Posted by carpet_bright (carpet_bright), 31 January 2004
Must admit it is a pain having to refill on a upholstery job. I currently have a 1.5litre and fed up with filling 2, 3 or 4 times Angry

Paul
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 1 February 2004
Hi Guys

Our Kenneth was almost right....

The Company he referred to is:-

Flow Techniques Ltd.

Tel: 01273 495858

Web: www.flowtechniques.com

I purchased some trigger sprays, at the NCCA Show, for spotting and they are superb...they spray on both squeeze 'and' release...they are lasting much longer than to traditional sprays too.

I had the pleasure of using the 3 litre model yesterday and found it great ..much lighter to carry than the s/s spray units.

Derek
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 1 February 2004
Good morning chaps,

I was a little surprised to read Pauls' post about the number of re-fills per suite, since I would normally use about 2ltrs. of prespray per suite.

I use a 1.5 ltr sprayer with 1 ltr in each fill.

I have seen the unit refered to by Ken & Derek and though it looks like an excellent piece of kit, I would probably only put in 1 ltr at a time since I like to start with hot pre-spray, then refill before it becomes cold.

The ultimate would be an electric sprayer with heated tank - indeed I used to have a spotting machine (heated) that I used on large commercial upholstery jobs for pre-spraying through a hand gun but on most domestic jobs the room became too cluttered for this extra piece of kit.

When I build me next electric sprayer I shall inclde a low wattage heating element & thermostat.

John.
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 1 February 2004
Thanx DB

There was a name change a few months ago and, as per usual, I'm slow adjusting to new ideas Embarassed

Safe and happy cleaningSmiley
Ken

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.