Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Recommend a sprayer 4 uphol clean?

Posted by chris_rushton (Chris_R), 31 January 2004
Can anyone recommend a good sprayer to use for the application of pre - spray when cleaning upholstery. I think that the ones with the brass nozzles are the best. I only want to apply a very fine mist. I find that the cheap plastic nozzles are a bit "hit and miss" quality wise. Ideally about 2 litres capacity. What does everyone else use?  Huh
Posted by Christal_Clean (Bryan H), 31 January 2004
There are lots of decent sprayers around from 1.5 L upwards,
but you don't really need anything expensive , as long as it has a good brass nozzle.
I use a cheap Wickes 5L jobby, but with the lance cut off & a
short brass nozzle attachment fitted cut from a 1.5L sprayer.
Its a DIY job but works brill.

I don't like the small 1.5 L upholstery sprayers, if you have a large job you are forever stopping to re-fill.  I always fill up at home with hot water, then it saves time on the job.     Smiley
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 31 January 2004
Application  Techniques do a nice range of sprayers at economical prices. I bought an Orion 3 litre pump up sprayer with an 8m curly hose and hand gun  with an 01 tip for upholstery for 89.18 inc. VAT and delivery at last years NCCA Show. Seals are solvent resist too so you could use for protectors. Can't find a web address. 01273 495858.
Safe and happy cleaningSmiley
Ken
Posted by carpet_bright (carpet_bright), 31 January 2004
Must admit it is a pain having to refill on a upholstery job. I currently have a 1.5litre and fed up with filling 2, 3 or 4 times Angry

Paul
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 1 February 2004
Hi Guys

Our Kenneth was almost right....

The Company he referred to is:-

Flow Techniques Ltd.

Tel: 01273 495858

Web: www.flowtechniques.com

I purchased some trigger sprays, at the NCCA Show, for spotting and they are superb...they spray on both squeeze 'and' release...they are lasting much longer than to traditional sprays too.

I had the pleasure of using the 3 litre model yesterday and found it great ..much lighter to carry than the s/s spray units.

Derek
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 1 February 2004
Good morning chaps,

I was a little surprised to read Pauls' post about the number of re-fills per suite, since I would normally use about 2ltrs. of prespray per suite.

I use a 1.5 ltr sprayer with 1 ltr in each fill.

I have seen the unit refered to by Ken & Derek and though it looks like an excellent piece of kit, I would probably only put in 1 ltr at a time since I like to start with hot pre-spray, then refill before it becomes cold.

The ultimate would be an electric sprayer with heated tank - indeed I used to have a spotting machine (heated) that I used on large commercial upholstery jobs for pre-spraying through a hand gun but on most domestic jobs the room became too cluttered for this extra piece of kit.

When I build me next electric sprayer I shall inclde a low wattage heating element & thermostat.

John.
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 1 February 2004
Thanx DB

There was a name change a few months ago and, as per usual, I'm slow adjusting to new ideas Embarassed

Safe and happy cleaningSmiley
Ken

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.