Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Starting a window cleaning business - Equipment you need, suppliers to use and trade organisations to join, etc.

Buying ladders

Posted by stephen (stephen), 24 October 2003
has anyone bought a ladder from empire ladders in leeds. 2 times 12ft A frame £149+£10 for spiked feet fited
Posted by Rob_B (Rob_B), 24 October 2003
Is that for alloy A frame? I hope so I have just paid £260 for wooden A frame! Shocked
no wood. prices start at £86 for 2 times 6ft to £197 for 2 times 16ft  single pointers 8ft £60- £93for 12ft not bad
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 24 October 2003
Hi Rob,
         Are your Ladders Titan Huh Because believe me some of these cheap ladders you can get elsewhere are not the same quality Wink

Steve
wot is titan
Yes, they are Titan, and stephen Titan is a brand name.

I am happy with them and they make me feel safer and they dont mark window fames so they are still worth the money.

I was suspicious of the price of the one stephen was quoted as poor quality, after all you only get what you pay for.
i got a 9 ft pointer from this shop 9 years ago and it is still going strong . the only difrence with the ladder i was looking at is at the point it has no plastic bit just wood.
Rob,
     If you put them side by side you would see why their is such a price difference. Shocked

Steve
are the ladders from ladders 999 titan might as well get the best do not want to buy cheep to have to buy a new set next year
Yes, That is where i got mine from and they are Titan.

Steve
cheers i will get them  from ladders 999 then.what do you think of steel ladder spikes. i have used them for three years now the best £13 i have spent.
Posted by nige (nige), 24 October 2003
wot r steel ladder spikes and where did u get them from
I got my ladders from wintecs, free next day delivery if you order before 12 and 20% off of orders over £200
steel spikes replace rubbers or ladder feet look just like big nails good for puting in small gaps in paths and  airiating lawns ladder not sliped since i have had them.
Posted by nige (nige), 24 October 2003
ive never heard of those before where did u get them
empire ladders in leeds there tel and fax num 0113 2795200
Posted by steve_massey (steve_massey), 25 October 2003
I've bought a few ladders from empire and the two old guys make them to order they have allways lasted me well and at the moment there is a 20% discount on all prices.I bought a 9ft pointer 2 weeks ago for £54 they are wired at every rug and treated.
Posted by freegarda (freegarda), 27 October 2003
do empire's ladders meet trade standards i.e. BSEN131?
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 29 October 2003
Do they have a web site ,or a e mail address Cool
Posted by steve_massey (steve_massey), 30 October 2003
No i don't think they have a web site.
They are two great guys that have been making ladders for many years, When you buy from them you are buying from the factory so cutting the middle man out.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.