Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Worst thing you ever found on a window?

Posted by simonb (simonb), 20 January 2004
One of the worst was a chip that had been stuck on with curry sauce.
It was first thing on monday am and I didnt feel like my bacon butty for a bit!
Simon
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 20 January 2004
Hi Simon
When I was window cleaning in Kings Cross with my Dad, it must be the amount of flem and blood sometimes all over the windows, frames and sills and once it had time to dry over a couple of days it was a complete nightmare, and put you off anything to eat.
Now I do most of my stuff in the country villages it is the amount of bird mess one new job had a house martins nest over the window for the spring summer and the mess was about 1/4 ft high on the sill, all that from a little bird
haha
Alan
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 20 January 2004
AThe worst thing that I found was a pair of soiled  Y fronts and by the smell very fresh , I also clean a few shops and on a monday I always find at least on of the following ,curry ,pizza ,sick, condom(used with contents) .When it was the gulf war one of my shops had   go home on the window in dog muck.
Hi majestic
That too is sick did you clean it off or show the customer first now that would be worth x3 of clean. yuck!!!
Alan
Posted by sham33 (sham33), 20 January 2004
One of my customers has an Arsenal poster on the window  Lips Sealed
The customers usually call me and I have to go around and clean it off , the worst one was the condom as it had been placed high up on the window .
Hi majestic
You should of registered and sold it as sperm donor
Alan
I took it into  the shop on the end of my squeegee and put it in the bin  Grin
Posted by Bones (Bones), 20 January 2004
This was not on the window, but i was on a flat roof doin bedroom window and there beside my feet was a soiled condom. Well, i told the Mrs (when eating tea of course Roll Eyes ) not realising my mrs had just started working with this customer. Women being all gob as they are, mentioned this to the customer at work next day and she replied, "WHAT!! my husband has had the snip and my daughters only 14!!"

Ooops!!

Mikey
Posted by denzle (Denzle), 20 January 2004
This isn't the worst thing to be found on windows.... But what about the perfect imprint of pidgeons, blackbirds etc that have flown into freshly cleaned glass.
A year or so back i was chatting to a customer, having just cleaned the glass when there was an almighty bang, followed by a cloud of feathers and one very stunned pidgeon landed at her feet. I told her that the quality of her window clean even fooled professional flyers  Cheesy Even in the white mark left on the glass you could see the surprised look on the birds face !!
Posted by pdhanson (Silly Philly), 20 January 2004
Squirrel poo, it sticks like clart and is all around any nest site.

This thread is making be want to hurl.

Silly
Posted by sham33 (sham33), 21 January 2004
I know what i hate. Purple bird mess, normally in summer  Roll Eyes
Posted by elfords (elfords), 21 January 2004
My worst one was when I was called out to a house next door to a drug rehab unit, the gentleman living there had had some sort of argument with one of the residents so they kindly decided to deposit something that comes from where the sun don`t shine all over his bedroom window, god knows how they managed to throw it as it was a good 15 feet away from them, but I charged about £40 pound for five minutes work so it was worth the disgust.
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 21 January 2004
Winkyes the one I have got Shockeda ladies tampon stuck Shocked on the window yuck Shocked I guess I went there wrong time of month Wink
Posted by denzle (Denzle), 21 January 2004
Eggs after Halloween, they are a nightmare , especially on Elm Street  Roll Eyes
Denzle
Posted by gibbouk (gibbouk), 21 January 2004
not on a window but in the bushes in front of one was several syringes, it was a cheap hotel that seveeral bands use when they play here. refused to clean it unless they removed them. last thing i want is a month of tests. bit of a warning for all if you wade though undergrowth to get to a window look down first.
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 21 January 2004
Did a new house today , when I did the box room window  it had a Man Utd picture  on it  Grin
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 21 January 2004
LEAD  Grin

Oh, and my reflection.  Shocked

Gerry.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.