Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

NCCA Course

Posted by Northerclean (Alex), 12 September 2003
I've booked myself on the NCCA trainning course for monday and tuesday next week, really looking forward to it. Grin

Anyway else going on this?
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 13 September 2003
Alex, I went on this course 6-7 years ago and although its a good course don't think it will prepare you to be a professional carpet cleaner, I've spoken to a lot of carpet cleaners who also attended this course  and still did'nt have clue,

you should think of this course as a taster of carpet & upholstery cleaning, 2 days is'nt anough time to learn every thing you need to know

I think the internet has a wealth of information try looking on the  cleanfax website (www.cleanfax.com)   also cut & paste this web address for some brilliant info;

http://web.archive.org/web/20010611091652/members.nbci.com/UphCleaner/.com  

Mike
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 13 September 2003
sorry wrong address, try again

http://web.archive.org/web/20010611091652/members.nbci.com/UphCleaner/
Posted by Derek (Derek), 14 September 2003
Hi

Mike is quite correct the NCCA courses are a taster for the industry.
They are packed with information and absorbing all this knowledge does take time. Training should be a regular ongoing excercise anyway as fibres and fabrics are changing constantly.

To take Mike's comments a stage further, I am always amazed that some technicians who 'do' go on training courses then fail to put what they have learned into practice.... many of the calls that I regularly receive from technicians on site and 'in trouble' reflect this.

However much you know there is still lots to learn, however experienced you are there is still the unexpected just around the corner.
This is what REALLY makes the job interesting!

Regards
Derek  
Posted by Northerclean (Alex), 14 September 2003
Thanks for the comments guys, I'm not expecting to start up just yet, but I feel I need to start somewhere so I guessed this is the place Smiley

I'll check out the site Mike, cheers fella
Posted by Derek (Derek), 15 September 2003
Alex

Come to the show in Wolverhampton in a couple of weeks time, just to get the feel of things.

There is no pressure on you just yet so you can soak in all the knowledge and then seek confirmation via this board of any points you are unsure about.

Golden opportunity

Regards
Derek
Posted by Northerclean (Alex), 16 September 2003
Looking forward to the show - Just got back hoe fro the course......I really enjoyed it, Paul and pawlo were very good trainers. Bring on a soiled carpet I say  Grin
Posted by pristineclean (pristineclean), 22 September 2003
Hi Mike
thanks for your link to the site on carpet cleaning, so useful that I've just realised I've spent an hour reading it  Shocked
Callum

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.