Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

CAN I SURVIVE WITH A KIRBY!!!!

Posted by mark2 (mark2), 2 February 2004
HI EVERYONE,IM KNEW,JUST WONDERED EVERYONES EXPERIENCED OPINION ON THIS....
DO U THINK I CUD SURVIVE IN THIS BUSINESS USING ONLY A KIRBY CLEANER WITH ITS SHAMPOO SYSTEM AND HARD FLOOR KIT.IT ALSO HAS A VERY USEFUL UPOLSTERY TOOL?
Posted by stevegunn (Steve Gunn), 2 February 2004
NO
Posted by lee_gundry (lee_gundry), 2 February 2004
no chance
no
no
no
no
no

Lee G
Posted by mickeyfat (VGC), 2 February 2004
im no expert but can you not do friend and family ..get some cash and pick up a good machine
i know nothing about carpet cleaning..im sure its all good fun and all but i'll stick to the windows ..it calms me Shocked...
im sure you could pick a decent 2nd hand machine of one of the guys here  or here
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2593415333
do i come across as slightly warped!...just wondered Huh
Posted by Paul_Elliott (Paul_Elliott), 2 February 2004
LOL!!!
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 2 February 2004
Hi VGC

Slightly warped!!!!...... you have to be absolutely mad to stand any chance with this lot! Wink Grin

Keep the comments coming sunshine Cool

Regards
Derek
Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 2 February 2004
I will not bite to this obvious attempt to get us going.

You aren't related to Mike Halliday are you?
Posted by squeaky (squeaky), 2 February 2004
I would not have thought so in all honesty !
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 2 February 2004
Are you trying to pull our tassles? You stand a better chance trying to get Jordan Shocked Shocked to eat a Sharks eyeball than run a business with a just a Kirby  Grin Why not get a posh bucket, a sponge and a bottle of 1001. Then you'll be able to clean a BIG, BIG carpet, for less than half a crown Cheesy  And it'll end up "Squeeky Clean"

Safe and happy cleaningSmiley
Ken
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 2 February 2004
Alex, what do you mean by that comment?

have any of you sat through a Kirby sales presentation? perhaps if you had you might give this question some serious answers.

they are sold as a total carpet maintainance system. The sales reps tell the potential customers they can be used to proffessionally clean carpets.

this guy might be taking the mickey but he also could be serious.

Mike
Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 2 February 2004
No offence intended Mike but I think of you as bit of a cheeky chappy to likes to get a rise out of people.

Alex

Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 2 February 2004
Taking the Mickey....I like that Grin Grin Grin   Very apt

You chose just the right words Mike..... or do I call you 'Mickey' from now on? Wink Grin

Derek
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 2 February 2004
Mike,

If you remember that advertising slogan, you'r showing your age  Grin

John.
Posted by mark_roberts (mark_roberts), 2 February 2004
Mark2

If you are who i think you are then why don't you explain your experiences of kirby as I'm sure we'd find it very interesting.

thanks
Mark Roberts
Posted by Dave_Lee (Dave_Lee), 2 February 2004
Thats nearly as bad as someone I knew, who was so impressed with his Vax machine (Huh??) he started putting himself around as a professional cleaner - youve gessed it he didnt last.
Dave.
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 2 February 2004
GrinHi mark2

Yes any one can survive using a Kirby if you are receiving State befits; check with the DTI they may give you a loan to buy a Vorwerk and it cost less, in my opinion this is a better system!

Len

Posted by mark2 (mark2), 3 February 2004
I WAS ACTUALLY SERIOUS U LOT!!
HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY SEEN THE LATEST KIRBY,ITS A COMPLETE HOMECARE SYSTEM,SHAMPOOS CARPETS,WAXES FLOORS AND CLEANS UPOLSTRY ETC.
JUST THOUGHT IT WUD B A GOOD BASIC TOOL IF U WANTED 2 START FROM SCRATCH ON A LOW BUDGET?
Posted by Ian_Hare (Ian Hare), 3 February 2004
You thoughts are misplaced.
To be a professional, you need professional training and professional equipment.

Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 3 February 2004
SmileyHi Mark2

How much is this system going to cost?

Len

Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 3 February 2004
Hi Mark2

Kirby always seem to do a hard sell on their equipment ...although it is an extremely good vacuum system there are others which can compete.

Rather than argue the finer points of carpet cleaning... if you are really serious about taking up carpet cleaning as a business, please do go on the NCCA course later this month... you will begin to see why some on this board have been a mite critical...

NCCA  Tel:  0116 2719550

seriously Mark I do think you will see an entirely different perspective.

Kind regards

Derek
Posted by Scots_cleaner (Scots_cleaner), 3 February 2004
Kirby

We used to play that as a kid with a  ball.
Posted by Ivar_Haglund (Ivar_Haglund), 3 February 2004
Go ahead knock yourself out.

I will even buy you your first gallon of kirby shampoo

IVAR Tongue Tongue Tongue
Posted by woodman (woodman), 3 February 2004
Mark

Assuming that your question was serious the answer would be a definite no.

If you turned up at a customers house with a Kirkby to clean the carpets they probably would not let you in.

And if they did, they would throw you out once you had attempted to clean the carpets using it.

( just a small point, please take your cap lock off as posting in capitals is like someone shouting in your ear, if that makes sense.  Undecided  )
Posted by SteveTruman (SteveTruman), 4 February 2004
Got a call today from a lunatic asylum wanting a quote, i will pass you there details on.... Grin Grin
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 4 February 2004
Smiley
Hi Steve

My local loony bin are now having houses built on it ranging from 350k to 750k if you get a call from them call me first other wise the Kirby’s may get in.

Len

Posted by SteveTruman (SteveTruman), 5 February 2004
Trouble is Len its not the houses the Kirby men should be going in  Shocked Roll Eyes Lips Sealed  
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 5 February 2004
Smiley
Hi Steve

I agree but saying that I stand more chance of rectifying a Kirby screw up than the ½ price merchants using the Numatic charles professional carpet cleaning system, I’m not joking.

Len

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.