Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Help with pole work

Posted by fez (fez), 20 October 2003
I need some advice!

I've been window cleaning for just over a year now and I decided to buy some poles for the few windows that I can't reach from my ladder.

I bought Unger Tele Plus and I use my standard 14" T bar applicator and squeegee on the end.

The thing is, I've been practicing on straight forward upstairs windows at home (nothing too tricky) and my windows are as streaky as hell. I've tried both washing up liquid and GG 3, but there's no difference.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Huh
Posted by The_Fed_Man (The_Fed_Man), 20 October 2003
Fez,

For illustrated advice, co to www.ettore.com and click on Proffessional, then poles.

B.
Posted by fez (fez), 20 October 2003
Thanks for the super speedy reply! Grin
Posted by Rob_B (Rob_B), 20 October 2003
I have some houses that have a little roof nder the top windows, and so I have been looking at poles.

I haven't bought one though as I can't see that the results would be good enough, especially detailing.

Whilst thinking about it though I wondered if you could wrap a scrim around an applicator to try and get most of the streaks off.

Let me know if you try this and if it works well enough.
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 20 October 2003
Hi Rob
        I just use an Ungar fixi grip and put my scrim in their and it works fine Cheesy

Steve Lowe
Posted by samm (samm), 21 October 2003
I've been thinking about getting a pole for those inaccessable windows, does the fixi grip work well steve, do you no a link so I can see what they are?

thanks in advance, sam
Posted by fez (fez), 22 October 2003
Here's the link to the Unger FIXI Clamp http://www.ungerglobal.com/german/ger_retail_en/Retail_Products.html#Glas

It just fixes to the end of the pole. I don't have one yet though.
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 22 October 2003
Hi Sam,
          Yes it is quite a useful little tool that is handy for just putting the scrim in for any touching up.

Steve
Posted by woods_windows (woods_windows), 22 October 2003
HI YES IVE BEEN USEING A POLE FOR A FEW YEARS NOW JUST ON SHOP WINDOWS FOR DRIPS AND STREAKS I JUST PUT MY SCRIM AROUND MY SWEEGIE WORKS A TREAT CANT BELIVE I USED TO USE MY LADDERS FOR SHOPS FOR ALL THEM YEARS Grin

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.