Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Water FFFFRReeezzzing

Posted by steve-mark (steve-mark), 13 October 2003
Smiley Hi All,
I'm just starting my 1st winter at window cleaning, and as the temps start to fall I can't help but wonder what's the best thing to use to stop the water freezing up.
Can anyone Help on this one ?? Huh

Many Thanks for any help you can give

Steve
Tone Clean
Taunton.
Posted by jake (jake), 13 October 2003
Steve

If it ever gets that cold, have a day off!!!!!
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 13 October 2003
Hi Steve,
            After looking at your post i thought i would have a look at the titan website the makers of gg4 to see if it had freeze protection and it recommends adding methanol Huh If that works for gg4 i guess you can add it to anything Huh I go out very early in the morning and i have not had the water freeze for years Wink

Steve Lowe
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 13 October 2003
Sorry the website is www.titanlabs.net  Cheesy

Hope this helps

Steve
Posted by The_Fed_Man (The_Fed_Man), 13 October 2003
You can use windscreen washer fluid but methylated spirit works just as well added to your solution.  On very cold days the windchill will freeze on the glass, you'll notice that central heated rooms help also.  Past this and you probably won't be able to use your hands anyway Cheesy
Posted by rsaxon7 (rsaxon7), 13 October 2003
haha! yeah, its a bitch when you applicate a window and it freezes on and you can only get it off with like a scraper or somthing. has to be really cold for that though
Posted by rsaxon7 (rsaxon7), 13 October 2003
oh, pregnant dog eh? very clever. yo ho ho ho.
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 13 October 2003
If it is cold enough to freeze my water it`s time to go home  Cool
Posted by fez (fez), 13 October 2003
on 10/13/03 at 21:45:04, Majestic wrote:
If it is cold enough to freeze my water it`s time to go home  Cool

Same here, I have had it freeze on glass though.

Posted by gibbouk (gibbouk), 13 October 2003
only have that trouble on coservatorys we have not had a bad winter for a long time. mind you this year the forecast is not good. tip do loads on the warm days and stay in bed on the realy cold days

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.