Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

There Must be Money in Car Valeting

Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_G.), 14 November 2003
Only saw start of program Holiday Swap or somthing.

But there was this guy living in a mansion who does car valeting for the rich folks up north. Not sure if he does it himself

Regularly goes on Cruises.

Maybee he is on this board.
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 15 November 2003
Hi Ian,
        Their is a company around here that have started up that have got hold of a yard and have started doing car wash and hoover for £10.00 and also full valeting and they are packed everytime you go past their Shocked

Steve Lowe
Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_G.), 15 November 2003
Steve,

When I venture out of this backwater,

I see people doing hand car washes at Motorway Service Stations, and as you describe in abandoned yards at industial estates.
Just proves for little risk there is an oportunity.
Perhaps I should look around for a well sited industrial unit to base my cleaning empire and then we could offer valeting and all the extra overheads wopuld be covered.
Can you still get Work Experience People?.  .

We have got an ARC car wash.

However I do think the Guy I am talking about does Fords  However I think one of his customers now lives in Spain.
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 15 November 2003
Hi Ian,
        When i look over the last few months since they started when they had nothing their apart from buckets,sponges and leathers. Now they have large marque type things with lighting and power washers and loads of other equipment. It must be paying well Cheesy

Steve
Posted by DP (DP), 15 November 2003
There is a franchise opperating out of NCP carparks at an area cost of £20k plus. This seems to suit the kids with hoods fraternaty very well, and they are not known to work for pennies, so I agree there must be something in valeting.

Ps. This thread must be killing someone we know right now  Wink
Posted by petra (petra), 15 November 2003
Yes they have been extremly quite, since we asked for free samples
Petra
PS WE have a guy round here with a marquee and all that , but he also has an excellent reputation and that is what gets you the work.
Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_G.), 16 November 2003
DP.

That put the Kye WASH on that I was considering offering our NCP Car Park £50 for a pitch a week.

After all its only a brown field site awaiting development.

Posted by DP (DP), 17 November 2003
OOPP's sorry about that, I have seen these guys everywhere in NCP's in the city and outskirts, I was useing NCP's everyday (around here you got no choice).

Personaly I would,nt trust some of the persons Ive seen with me keys, let alone me car, I rekon they might end up as some sort of neck ornament and I would have to barter for them back!

However I came across this franchise the other week and was stunned at the cost of it. Although this company has clearly done a deal with NCP, its still worth an approach if there is nobody there at the mo.

Posted by Clean_Waterless (Clean_Waterless), 28 November 2003
Hi Ian

We are the Waterless Car Cleaning Company Ltd.

We are signing Affiliates throughout the UK setting up their own Valet business. Our latest Affiliate is an ex. BMW valeter in the business for over 6 years. He is now bringing some of his colleagues under his network.

He was very sceptical of the Waterless concept initially. Now he is looking to be cleaning 1000 cars per week!! (not on his own)! That is serious money! & he did not pay much for the privalage!

If you are interested in making good money, visit our web site http://www.waterlesscarcleaning.com for further information.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Gary Mansfield
Director
Posted by petra (petra), 2 December 2003
Well my car went in for a valet last week (while i should have been relaxing on my hols..but mothers do moan) and god was I impressed it was as nice as the day I bought It (4 months ago) but learn to car and respect my car or add car valeting to my achivement list for next year.......and the chap that clean the car told me how he did it too......
Petra
PS waterless (free samples ring a bell)

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.