Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Where can i buy GG4 ?

Posted by Skowee (Skowee), 31 October 2003
Hi All

I have just run out of my sample of GG4 from wintecs and they haven't got any stock of the big bottle. Does anybody out there know any where else I can purchase any from.
Many Thanks

Skowee
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 31 October 2003
Hi Skowee,
                The NFMWGC sell GG4 and their telephone number is 0161-432-8754. Wink

Hope this helps

Steve Lowe
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 31 October 2003
What about the Forum sponsor Cool
John
      Last time i spoke to Mike they did not but i think he was going to look into it Huh

Steve
Posted by easycleanwindows (easycleanwindows), 31 October 2003
the cheapest place on earth is the window cleaning centre much cheaper than wintecs by about 40%
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 31 October 2003
Hi ECW
Been trying to get hold of there catalogue for weeks now, just sent them a reminder, Do they stock a load of window cleaning equipment at good prices.
Cheers
Alan

Ps they dont have a web site do they?
no they dont have web site yet but a catolouge their no is 0800413512 an example wintecs soaps are 9 ponds dearer and i find window cleaning centre hsa loads more products and only place i know where i could get a 78" squeege
Hi ECW
You say 78inch squeegee what rubber?
Thanks for there number will give them a call.
I have been using Wintec for the past 2 months and find them really good, excellent after sales/care good range of stuff easy to order and delivery, in with the price no mim orders so cant complain. they seem to of expanded quite a bit even started there own forum like this one but not as busy.
Cheers
Alan

Hi Alan,
          I know your a member of the NFMWGC so have you looked at their price list Huh Its cheaper than most Wink

Steve
hi again alan no 78" squeege complete i used both fed and wintecs ok but time you added vat and del cleaning centre still come out on top next day del also if item not in stock they let you know if you use fax not phone and you get a card for every £15.oo spent you get a token then when you got 8 you get £10.oo free goods
Hi ECW & Steve
that sounds ok with the tokens I know with wintecs the more you spend the more discounts you get which is good too.
I had a quick look at the fed pricelist when it 1st came to me will have a better look later.
I ordered from the fed last week though about the H&S stuff i was after and brought my fed logo's and a lasso they are good.
Very easy people to talk too, very good for info too.Spent me loads of stuff on H&S
Glad i joined must say dont think some people can see through the politics, well worth it
Cheers
Alan

Posted by simonb (simonb), 31 October 2003
78" squeegee - you realise that's 6'6" !

What the hell is the size of your applicator?
HaHaHaHa
That is just what I was thinking but did not want to put it on incase I got it wrong and made myself look a prat
Cheers
Alan
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 31 October 2003
At  £116.48  for the 78 inch a bargin
what you use that for.
Stupid question go on say it windows
That is a lot of glass or am I wrong
Alan
Posted by john_archer (john_archer), 31 October 2003
Skowee,
            try scrimcity,www.srimcity.co.uk gg4 £24.53 inc
vat.

cheers, John.
Posted by matt (matt), 31 October 2003
i used wintecs, till i order a sample of GG4, it arrived, but the bottle had leaked, it had soaked throughto my other post, which included a pack of "photo paper" 20 quid worth, it was ruined  Sad, 20 notes gone, i e.mailed them to explain what had happened, he asked for the details and then nothing else Sad, too be honest, as a goodwill gesture they could have offered me some money off

i now use scrimcity, the guy even delivers it to me by car, thus saving on the postage, top firm, nothing too much trouble

Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 31 October 2003
I use  Scrim City. The delivery charge (5.95 plus vat) doesn`t seem as bad when ordering a few things and there`s no charge on orders over 100 pound. So if you `re prepared to make a big order you can get it for 24.53 all in.   Gerry.
Posted by Skowee (Skowee), 31 October 2003
Hi All

Thanks for your replies, I will check them out

Skowee
Posted by Neil (wylie), 2 November 2003
Hello everybody, I Have been reading all the posts on this site for a number of weeks now, in fact it was this forum, which gave me the confidence to quit my well-paid job and go full time on the windows last week. (So far so good, I seem to be getting a good number of quality jobs. I spent a few quid having good quality flyers printed which produce on average four good leads every day.) Anyway back to the reason for writing this, If you are looking to buy GG4 cheap try "SOAP NATIONAL" They dont have a web site so you will have to ring on 01473 890080. Gg4 1ltr £7, 3.8ltr £20.10, Plus Vat. postage is £4 and very prompt. I have compared lots of different prices with "the window clean centre" and everything I checked was cheaper with Soap. Thanks to you all for all your help even if you never knew you were giving it! Please keep it up.          Cool
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 6 November 2003
Hi skowee
Dont know if you got your GG4 yet but wintecs emailed me to say they have just got a load in
Dont know if this helps you at all
Cheers
Alan
Posted by Skowee (Skowee), 6 November 2003
Hi Alan

I got a message from wintecs this morning about GG4 but unfortunatly for them I had just been to my local Amtrac depot to pick up my parcel of GG4 from scrimcity.
Thanks for letting me know anyway.

Terry
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 12 November 2003
Hi
On Friday 9th Nov I thought Id take a drive down to Ipswich and cheack out this Windowclean centre everyone talks about. After driving past it once when I found it thought not very big.
Popped inside and there is bloody everything well impressed and very cheap too.Stock and more stock and even more of it. One of the things I brought was 10 36inch Ettore rubbers for £19.00 plus vat could not believe the price well cheap.
And that goes for most of there stuff too. They have all the new realise gear applicator sleaves to any handle for your squeegee,poles and assesories to ladders if anyone in the area well worth a visit.
Trust me.
Cheers
Alan
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 13 November 2003
Alan,
      Are you still using GG4 or have you gone back to Persil Huh

Steve
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 13 November 2003
Hi steve
i am still using GG4 not to bad worse thing I find is inside of pubs, Hotels it does not tackle nicotine well I find how about you.
But sticking with it gave a new job I got a clean today which was a pub not been cleaned for 2 months took ages to finish insides.
But when you finish the clean windows do sparkle.
How about you steve you still using.
Cheers
Alan
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 13 November 2003
Hi Alan,
          Yes i am still using GG4 but it does take some getting used to. I think it does save in less wipe up time but the jury is still out at the moment Roll Eyes

Steve
Posted by matt (matt), 15 November 2003
i used it for a month on it own

now i add a VERY small drop of fairy, it just adds that something
Posted by matt (matt), 15 November 2003
ive thought what the something is

fairy  Grin Roll Eyes Tongue
Posted by fez (fez), 15 November 2003
I've just had a really bad morning with GG3.  Cry

Just when I thought that I'd cracked it and that I was speeding up again when I cleaned a large farmhouse with smallish windows. It was mostly scrim work and I seemed to have loads of trouble removing the water without streaking. As soon as my drying scrim was slightly damp, it seemed to leave more marks than it was getting rid of. I had to change scrims twice when, if I'd used Fairy one scrim would have easily seen the job finished.

I had a few problems the other day on glass which had the sun directly on it, the squeegee seemed to not want to move at all on the glass and was really difficult to manoeuvre on the glass no matter how light I pressed. It was a real pain.

Any ideas? Huh
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 15 November 2003
Hi Fez,
         I had a problem with the sun on the glass when i was cleaning today Sad I think i am going to go back to fairy from Monday because although it takes a little bit longer with wipe up its definately better with sqeegee glide.

Steve
Posted by paul (paul), 15 November 2003
steve you can buy gg4 from scrim city its £20.88 + vat
you can find them online at  
http://www.scrimcity.co.uk

paul
reflections cleaning services
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 15 November 2003
Hi Paul,
          I already use GG4 but find it a bit difficult to work with Huh  Do you use GG4 Huh

Steve
on 11/15/03 at 14:19:44, Steve Lowe wrote:
Hi Fez,
         I had a problem with the sun on the glass when i was cleaning today Sad I think i am going to go back to fairy from Monday because although it takes a little bit longer with wipe up its definately better with sqeegee glide.

Steve

Yeah, I don't blame you really, some days Glass Gleam is very fast/easy to use, and some days it seems to be bloody awful. I've still got a large, full container of GG3 left so I'll try to persevere with it a bit longer. I like the finished results a lot, the glass is noticably shinier but I'm still struggling after nearly a month. Cry

The other problem that I forgot to mention is that I find it so easy to miss small areas in the middle of the glass that are difficult to see. When you've got half-way down your ladder, you spot them and have to go up again to finish detailing.
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 17 November 2003
I have just done a few large commercial jobs using Fairy again. The job did take longer with fairy because of more mopping up and detailing but it was nice to have increased glide with the squeegee Huh Roll Eyes Huh

Steve
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 17 November 2003
I`ve been looking at Titans website about gg3/4 and there is a section-" comments on squeegee drag". It recommends keeping your rubber wet,squeegeeing JUST above the line of water and as few passes/strokes as possible. I think this proves there`s hardly any glide with glass gleam and why I struggled more with smaller windows(eg. opening lights) as my smaller squeegee couldn`t twist and turn. If, unlike me, you`re still prepared to use it or finish the bottle, you maybe better straight-pulling as you squeegee off- just straight strokes from one edge of window to the other.  Gerry.
After using fairy today i am just washing out my equipment because i am going back to GG4 tommorrow. I can work quicker with GG4 and time is money Cheesy  (Less detailing and mopping up)

Steve
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 17 November 2003
Steve,    do you squeegee off in one continuous stroke ( S-shaped method)? I`ve tried gg4 and straight-pulling and it was easier but I don`t think it would be practical all day long.     Gerry.
Hi Gerry,
            Yes i just use the s method.

Steve
Posted by fez (fez), 18 November 2003
Steve, are you leaving a gap around the edge when you use your applicator? If so, how much? I've found that sometimes I've left a mucky mark at the top of the glass because the squeegee hasn't pushed the gg3 right to the edge, maybe my applicator sleeve has been too dry though - I don't know.
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 18 November 2003
Hi Fez,
         I probably leave about 5-10mm but i always have the applicator quite wet. I also found with GG4 that the amount you put in your bucket makes a lot of differance. Having to much is as bad as not enough.

Steve
Posted by fez (fez), 18 November 2003
I got good results today with 15ml (3 x the usual amount). I shaved off quite a lot of time, but the weather was good for cleaning. I changed back to an Unger rubber (instead of Pulex) which seemed to help.

I think that it's just down to experimentation.
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 18 November 2003
Hi Fez,
         Its like you say. Its finding what works best for you and then your ok. Its worth it in the end because its quicker Smiley

Steve
Posted by Bones (Bones), 18 November 2003
Hi Fez, Steve, I thought I'd put my two peneth in on this subject.

As I'm still a relativley newbie to the trade apart from using "Squeegie off" to start I have always been using GG4 so as I see it I have not had to make the drastic change or get used to it like you guy's (I mainly use 15ml to the Gal). I do find it hard work here and there like getting the odd little bits left behind down the middle of the glass from where i so called "S" as there's no bubbles!! Roll Eyes But practice makes perfect i supose.

Also on Friday I used a leather for the first time to detail round the edges and found this really speeded my cleaning up!? I have been using the leather ever since and just use my scrim for a quick wipe round if needed after the leather. Do many of you guy's use a leather?

Thanks Mikey Grin
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 20 November 2003
Having read Titans comments on "squeegee drag" I decided to try gg4 again this morning as I was doing two shops with big windows. I washed the window and then squeegeed off, straight-pulling with an 18" blade. The windows were gleaming and there was minimal mopping and detailing. But most of my work is residential and windows of all shapes and sizes so it was back to Fairy to help my squeegee action. If only you,or better still Titan,could add something to gg4 to aid glide without feeling as though your mopping up custard afterwards. Then again,  after years of using Fairy I`m probably too used to it and stuck in my ways.      Gerry.  
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 21 November 2003
Steve, how was it going back to gg4 after a day on Fairy? Is it getting easier/better?    Gerry.
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 21 November 2003
Hi Gerry,
            I am back using GG4 now because i am quicker when using it. I have been using it now for about six months so i guess i have just got used to it Cheesy  

Steve
Posted by fez (fez), 21 November 2003
I've had a good few days on GG3. It IS quicker to use, I've had no problems with drag at all. You just have to get used to it. On those days when the sun is directly on the glass and the squeegee is dragging, I just add more GG3 to the water and that seems to cure it.
Posted by higgs (higgs), 25 November 2003
Wylie,

I also purchased gg4 from Soap National the other week and found their service very prompt. How do you find gg4? Do you like me find it works better when the bucket of solution has been used a few times (hours).

I also add a bit of Squeegee Off to give it that something extra.  

Posted by Neil (wylie), 25 November 2003
Hi Higgs
To be honest I havent yet tried gg4 Roll Eyes
When I posted the reply earlier in this issue it was really to tell people about Soap National having bought lots of other stuff there.
I have since got a free sample from the Window clean centre but not got around to trying it  Roll Eyes
As soon as I get over the dreaded lurgy which my little girl kindly passed on to me I will try the sample and let you know what I think Smiley

Posted by higgs (higgs), 25 November 2003
Neil,

Echinacea drops (Holland & Barrett) and vitamin c should do the trick

Posted by Neil (wylie), 25 November 2003
Guess I will have to write that down when I go to the shop then Grin  coz gawd know how you say it Grin Grin
Posted by kilimanjaro (kilimanjaro), 29 November 2003
has anyone tried gg4 with a little drop of fairy mixed in?

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.