Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Freephone number

Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 9 January 2004
I would like to set up a freephone number for my business but does anyone know how to set one up Huh

Steve
Posted by paul (paul), 9 January 2004
CONTACT BT THEY WILL SORT ONE OUT FOR YOU Cool
Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 9 January 2004
NO  DONT CALL BT  WILL COST YOU AN ARM AND A LEG!!!!!

Call these people, I have my freephone numbers with them.

NO SET UP FEE

Minimum spend £1 per month!!

Resource Utilities

0870 877 0000

Ta

Mark

Thanks for replys. I will give resourse utilities a call because i did telephone bt earlier and could not believe the price i was quoted Shocked

Steve
Posted by wrighty (wrighty), 9 January 2004
I used to work for BT and I gotta admit they are more expensive than thier competitors on most products and services but their customer service is second to none.

Than god they dont have the monopoly.

Let me know how you go on as I may also go down that route.

Regards

Craig
Hi Craig
           When i telephoned bt they wanted £30 a month which included quite a lot of call costs but that seemed a lot to me Roll Eyes

Steve
Sorry forgot to say. I will post back when i have got prices from resource utilities Wink

Steve
Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 10 January 2004
Prices:

I am paying at the moment

5 p per minute plus VAT.

Minimum spend £1 per month. If you dont use £1 worth of calls that month you still get charged the £1.

Dead cheap as i said when i set it up 6 months ago no set up fee, although they will try to get you on there telephone service etc but turned it down as bt cheaper with £25 per month etc etc.

Mark

PS

I have 3 free phone numbers so i can monitor which areas calls are coming from etc
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 10 January 2004
Hi Mark
          That sounds just what i am looking for Wink Have you found them a reliable service Huh

Steve
Posted by sham33 (sham33), 10 January 2004
I think theres a post about this in the carpet cleaning bit. Might have a few answers.
Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 10 January 2004
Steve

Yes no problem

Phoine em up they will send you a form to fill in.

You just need to tell them the phone number the 0800 no is directed to  (obviousl;y!!  hahaha)  then far as i can remmeber within a few days bobs ure uncle.

If at anytime you change normal phone numbers i think they charge you £25 to port to new number.

Ta

Mark

PS  Just one thing.

When you do your leaflets etc with your freephone number on if you are advertising locally its a good idea to include either your adress and/or normal phone number as well.

Reason being if people just see 0800 number they might think you are not local etc etc

I have found this to my peril.

When i first got 0800 number i put it in my newspaper ad and the enquiries dropped dramatically, then when i added that i was local enquiries started up again

Thanks Mark. I will give them a call on Monday Wink

Steve
Thanks sham33. I will take a look Wink

Steve
Posted by shinebright (shinebright), 10 January 2004
Hi Steve,

Drop me a PM please.

I can provide 0800 numbers but dont want to step out of line by advertising on here.

I have other services that I can provide for board members and also opportunities for them to profit by offering these to their customers.

Regards,

Adrian.
Cheers Adrian
            I have sent you my e mail address so can you please give details.

Thanks

Steve
Posted by shinebright (shinebright), 10 January 2004
Done  Smiley
Posted by wrighty (wrighty), 11 January 2004
Hi,

my email address is also on its way.

Craig
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 17 January 2004
on 01/09/04 at 15:32:52, Mark Betts wrote:
NO  DONT CALL BT  WILL COST YOU AN ARM AND A LEG!!!!!

Call these people, I have my freephone numbers with them.

NO SET UP FEE

Minimum spend £1 per month!!

Resource Utilities

0870 877 0000

Ta

Mark

Thanks for the number Mark.  I have signed up with them and already got my number Wink

Steve

Posted by john_archer (john_archer), 21 January 2004
Hi guys,
            are there any freephone number companies whose service allows you to switch from landline to your mobile other than rip off BT.
                    cheers,
                                 John.
Posted by edwatt (edwatt), 22 January 2004
Hi Steve ,
I have had an 0800 number for a while and it`s great.
I got it from Alpha Comunucations - sale@alphatalk.com they charge me £10.00 per month + vat and this includes 20 mins free redirected calls to a mobile and 60 mins to a line. I have been happy with them. regards Ed
Posted by cleaning (cleaning), 22 January 2004
Try Eurocall 0845 634 8000
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 25 January 2004
on 01/22/04 at 14:33:16, edwatt wrote:
Hi Steve ,
I have had an 0800 number for a while and it`s great.
I got it from Alpha Comunucations - sale@alphatalk.com they charge me £10.00 per month + vat and this includes 20 mins free redirected calls to a mobile and 60 mins to a line. I have been happy with them. regards Ed

Hi Edwatt
              Have you got a telephone number for Alpha comunications because i could do with a number i could re direct to my mobile Huh

Steve
Posted by edwatt (edwatt), 26 January 2004
Hi Steve, The number that i have for Alpha is 08000 932193.
regards Ed
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 26 January 2004
Thanks Ed Wink

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.