Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Trolley Systems Part Two (Back packs)

Posted by L.Doubtfire (L.Doubtfire), 11 January 2004
Interested members go to www.rocketspray.com Its something on these
lines that I`m thinking on .Its very similier to Jeff Brimbles back pack.
Does anyone know of a U.K. company that do anything on the same lines
capacity wise.No good for big jobs at all,but can be used as back pack or
pull type trolley.What do members think?
Replies much appreciated.

Lewis Doubtfire,Gleem Clean Window Cleaners,West Yorkshire.

Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 11 January 2004
I remember something like that in a Machine Mart mag I think they used it for a chemical sprayer , about £30 to £40  they could even have a web site  Cool
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 11 January 2004
You could try
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/ranges.asp?g=123&r=2175

They have one, look down the page
Posted by peterf (peterf), 11 January 2004
It looks like it will work fine definitely for up to second storey.  It does say though that it will spray up to 20 feet, I think that means from the lance, I am sure it would still pump up to third of forth storey through a pipe to a brush.

Someone did say they knew of a back-pack sprayer with a pump and battery, but it was priced at I think £350.00, I cant remember who it was or who sold it, but if I come across it I will let you know.

Peter

Posted by pdhanson (Silly Philly), 12 January 2004
It was me that came across the electric back pack sprayer:

http://www.abbeygardensales.co.uk/subprod/Electric_Garden_Sprayer_0000522.aspx

£246.75 15 litre capacity.  Made by Tecnoma- a french company.  But Jeff Brimble has made his own and is using it successfully.  Sounds like he's the chap to speak to.  I think you and he are friends Peter?  

Perhaps you could get together and manufacture a little back pack system using your 200gpd purifyer?

Silly
Posted by peterf (peterf), 12 January 2004
on 01/12/04 at 00:45:29, Silly Philly wrote:
It was me that came across the electric back pack sprayer:

http://www.abbeygardensales.co.uk/subprod/Electric_Garden_Sprayer_0000522.aspx

£246.75 15 litre capacity.  Made by Tecnoma- a french company.  But Jeff Brimble has made his own and is using it successfully.  Sounds like he's the chap to speak to.  I think you and he are friends Peter?  

Perhaps you could get together and manufacture a little back pack system using your 200gpd purifyer?

Silly

Thanks Silly I knew I heard of it somewhere, a little out with the price though.

Lewis knows Jeff anyway, and I think he has helped him so far.

Backpacks do work I have used one; Jeff helped me out with water treatment systems and brushes years ago when I first stared out.  Jeff was talking about selling systems last year when I spoke to him, I dont know if he has got round to it yet, I think there would be a market for them.  Have you Jeff, started selling them?

Peter

Posted by Diamond_Vision (Jeff Brimble), 12 January 2004
Peter, No havent got round to it, backpacks are fully manouverable they go where others cannot, quickly. They are  heavy as a set of ladders so you get a free work out. Depends tho how much water you need to put in.
Silly Did you check out my reply to brownie under "reverse osmosis" topic.
I have put the back pack onto various types of wheels and always go back to backpack. No trailing hoses wrapping themselves round plant pots etc.  No dog do to clean off, Off between windows so saves water., you would be surprised how far the water goes.
lewis theres also an italian job.
I went electric after trying hand cranked ones like Gary Mauer uses in the USA- no good as you need 2 hands to work the pole.
If anyone really wants me to make one e mail me and I will think about it ?
Jeff Brimble  
Posted by L.Doubtfire (L.Doubtfire), 12 January 2004
Whats the Italian job Jef,not the magicglass?
Gary`s pump up method is too amaterish I recon.

Lewis.
Posted by Diamond_Vision (Jeff Brimble), 12 January 2004
Italian, No idea,but its blue,
Pump up,Yes amateurish but someone could try it to get a cheap "taste" for wfp by borrowing a clean garden sprayer.
Jeff
Posted by pdhanson (Silly Philly), 14 January 2004
I saw that post Jeff, thanks.

Do you use a standard pole with your backpack? or do you have a spray nozzle above the brush to conserve water?

Silly
Posted by Diamond_Vision (Jeff Brimble), 14 January 2004
Unger +5 section x 2m lioghter than others, elbow, and any brush drilled thro and fitted with 4 hoselock drip nozzles to spray thro and near the top of the brush. 3.8mm thin wall  windscreen type hose on the outside of the pole
Jeff
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 14 January 2004
Jeff,
What do you use to fasten the hose (from the brush ) to the pole or does it just flap about . My pipe is inside my pole , and  how do you conect your drip nozzels to your window washer size pipe  and then  to your garden size hose  
john
Posted by pdhanson (Silly Philly), 14 January 2004
Sorry to keep quizzing you jeff, but do you mean this flo jet?  The 2100-132?

http://www.dualpumps.co.uk/product_pages/pumps/flojet_2100.htm

Thanks

-Silly
Posted by Diamond_Vision (Jeff Brimble), 14 January 2004
Silly, wow impressed by you trying to save me some time and doing some of the hard work. No  that one is bigger heavier and more expensive which I have used. I my catalogue its the "LF series 2 demand pump" RLF 122002 1.7 bar  3.78 litres price £46 approx without switch as I have a manual on my backpack.
John Pipe connected straight from the pump( but I use a By-pass which reduces the flow rate down to .5-1litre at the brush head four nozzles and the pipe is all external so you can change poles or use in your hand. The pipe (about the thickness of a pencil) is anchored to the outside of the brush  and tied to the unger elbow  which allows movement  for doing horizontal work the brush also swivels round the elbow tube which allows you to easily work to the left or right over consrvatories and obstructions but passes thro a loose tie at the bottom of the no 1 section of the unger pole then you just hold it at the bottom with one finger, blimey - I need a drink.
Jeff

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.