Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

fernox

Posted by Petersullivan (Petersullivan), 20 February 2004
Well guys another week has past, am going away for the weekend but thought id leave you with this one to ponder over.... i recently had to clean a carpet (1970s) that had been stained with water from an old central heating system, a nice long line about 20ft long, the system was 30 years old and contained fernox which is a rust inhibiter, any ideas , will reply on monday, have a good one Kiss
Posted by Dennis (Dennis), 20 February 2004
Not sure what you are getting at but I know fernox is not too kind to carpet backings so I'm guessing all the pile has fallen out and they want a new carpet!  Shocked  Sad  Wink
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 20 February 2004
Hi Peter

Is that why you are going away customer trying to claim against you, did you go anywhere nice and hot? Hope you enjoyed your RR

As the system is thirty years old I take it that the fernox is of the same age, if so it’s only rusty water, both can/will nank a carpet unless dealt with a.s.a.p like now! But I don’t suppose that happened, still no guarantee.

Len

Posted by Dave_Parry (Dave Parry), 20 February 2004
Len, just before xmass had a VERY expensive pure wool ivory bedroom carpet with black sludge from the bottom of a rad on it. Used an antigrease on it, HWE, then Oxibrite with B105 Fibre Shampoo and B162 Fibrebuff, left to dry.
Not perfect result but acceptable.
Dave

As you say “Not perfect result but acceptable” (you never know till you try)
And as I say no guarantee.

Len

Posted by Dave_Parry (Dave Parry), 20 February 2004
Sorry Len, my prev. post should have been to Peter, brain not in gear.
Dave

Thinking of you t/m? I understand I just looking out my window at my TR cant get into my garage till tomorrow oh what a sad life we lead.

Len

Posted by Petersullivan (Petersullivan), 23 February 2004
Thanks for replys fellas, no Len didnt go anywhere hot just to lincoln,I managed to  remove the offending article, by firstly applying a solvent, to release all oilly and greasy residues, then cleaned whole carpet with ahbys powder, applied shampoo, and extracted, then a rust remover, extracted and finished of by brushing oxybright along the line. the line stood out but after a few wks blended in quite well . not perfect but acceptable, it was my carpet Wink

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.