Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Leaking Pump

Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 10 November 2003
My 100 psi pump is leaking.

Does that mean its kerrrrnakkered!!!!!

or

can it be repaired

Ta

Mark
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 10 November 2003
You can by a service kit Mark, which will replace the consumable parts of the pump. When I ran Flojets I bought them from whoever was cheapest.
Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 10 November 2003
Cheers Ken

And where might that be from??

Thanks

Mark

Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 10 November 2003
Mark where is it leaking from? have you tightened the jubilee clips I've found the pump heads last for ever it's always the motor that goes

Did I tell you I've got 2 pumps collecting dust in my shed Grin Grin a Shurflo 100psi and a Shurflo induction 135psi ( as fitted in Ashbys Ninja).

why not take this oppertunity to upgrade to a 200psi pump from ashbys ( cost £200ish)

Mike
Posted by Glynn (Glynn), 10 November 2003
Good advice from Mick, a good time to upgrade.

Regards

Glynn
Posted by pre-vac_Nick (pre-vac_Nick), 10 November 2003
Mike,

I have a steampro 2100 can i have a 200psi pump fited to that type of machine?

p.s. thanks for the flyers and postcards Grin
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 10 November 2003
Nick, how much room  have you got inside? the 200psi pump has the same size motor as a shurflo but the pump head is a lot bigger approx 30mm x 50mm x 130mm

and the by-pass plumbing is different if you twiddle the solution lines you should get it in.

Mike
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 10 November 2003
Prochem, Extracta, Woodbridge, Ashbys, Alltec...... Virtually anyone who sells a machine with your model pump.

Posted by Kinver_Clean (Kinver_Clean), 11 November 2003
It may well be the diaphragm leaking. I have some Flojet diaphragms lurking in the shed. If you want one let me know.

Trevor

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.