Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

Leather Lovers Advice Needed...

Posted by Les (Les), 21 January 2004
Oh well at least it got a response Grin Grin
Sorry to dissapoint you but the topic is actually about leather seating in a car. DAMMM Angry
I had a customer ask if I could JUST see if I could remove a few Biro marks from the rear seat of her Mercedes. Little 'Tarquin' Embarassed bless him had taken it upon himself to write 'War & Peace over the upholstery.
"I don't Know the answer ", I said, "but I know someone who will" !
Any good ideas folks ? Roll Eyes
Posted by lee_gundry (lee_gundry), 21 January 2004
i find that solutions 2 applied to a micro fibre pad wprks well for me.

Lee Gundry
Posted by Auto_Groom (Auto_Groom), 21 January 2004
hi
we use pro chem leather cleaner and conditioner that gets biro out .
Andy

very good gear Wink
Posted by Les (Les), 22 January 2004
Thanks for the repiles.
Lee, what's solution 2, and where do you buy it please?
Posted by lee_gundry (lee_gundry), 22 January 2004
contact nick on 08701123691
             or
www.solution-uk.com

Lee G
Posted by stephen_gary (stephen_gary), 22 January 2004
Have you tried feeding the leather first with leather lustre. Thereafter a gentle rub with a wine gum should remove any ink based stains. Just remember not to rub it too hard as you may end up with a wear mark on the leather. as it appens this worked great for me on 'merc'  back in the 80's.

Good luck
Posted by Les (Les), 22 January 2004
Thanks again for the extra tips. I haven't tried a Wine Gum but looking at the state of the car I'll probably be able to find one under a seat somewhere. Wink
Lee I checked that solution 2 website but it suggests it's for carpets and upholstery... dare I use it on leather.
I'm sure there must be something around specifically for this kind of problem Huh.
Posted by Scots_cleaner (Scots_cleaner), 25 January 2004
chemspec leather cleaner is good also.
Posted by Les (Les), 25 January 2004
Thanks Scots_cleaner,
I also did a general search on the web and am waiting to hear from a company who supply a product specifically for removing ink from leather.
if it sounds any good I will keep you all posted. Wink

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.