Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Greetings from Prochem

Posted by Lee_Pettengell (Lee_Pettengell), 30 January 2004
Hello to all at this forum.

Some of you will know me and some will not, the reason for joining this forum is because some forum members believe that companies such as Prochem and Chemspec are complacent and disregard these carpet cleaning boards, as an employee of Prochem I would like you all to know that we read these boards with great interest, whilst logging on to this site I was asked to accept the term and conditions this states that "This forum should not be used as a medium to promote your own products" I will abide by these conditions but I ask you board members do other known companies on this site abide by these rules!!!!

If anybody does wish to contact me regarding anything please email me.

These forums are a very good idea as long as the conditions are kept too.

Happy Cleaning

Lee  
Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 30 January 2004
Quote:
whilst logging on to this site I was asked to accept the term and conditions this states that "This forum should not be used as a medium to promote your own products" I will abide by these conditions but I ask you board members do other known companies on this site abide by these rules!!!!

mmmm  well not all of em noooooooo  haha.

Personally i dont think its  a bad thing that companys promote there own products. At least if we have a query about a certain chemical etc etc we can ask them staright from the horses mouth.

Instead of relying on hearsay from others.

Ta

Mark

Posted by Phil_@_Deep_Clean (Phil_@_Deep_Clean), 30 January 2004

Mark dont you think that these companies will give a biased opinion unlike a user who will give it to you straight.

Phil
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 30 January 2004
Hi Lee

Nice to have you participating...perhaps you will join a debate or two in future.

I think what is meant is that the out and out 'hard sell' is not what these boards are all about but I do agree with Mark that so much information is available from the suppliers, such as Prochem, relating to the Industry in general.  
This information is always welcome.

I look at it this way...if Lee were to post some technical information and sign himself as an employee of Prochem then that is acceptable (Subliminal) advertising

I think we can all live with that...

I would hope that all the suppliers read the comments as they can glean information as to the needs of the industry and possible supply that need....that's the essence of good business practice isn't it?

Regards
Derek

Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 30 January 2004
Smiley
Hi Lee

It was I who made that statement re complacency which I gladly retract in respect of Prochem. You got to admit my post did strike a nerve with your company at least. I totally agree with Mark & Derek (input and feedback then input, without it we are dead)

Sorry Phil I agree to a point with you, but don’t some cc promote one machine against another. I know I do HWE      be it t/m or portable, but I will always keep an open mind be it cleaning agents or machines and have a demo then make a judgement decision can this agent/machine make me more money!

Keep all forums open too all, then you get educated.

Len

Posted by Shaun_Ashmore (Shaun_Ashmore), 30 January 2004
Perhaps Lees statement was 'I'm here' well we all know that the larger and smaller manufacturers are watching even if they don't like to admit it but to everyone out there

Hello

Shaun

Ps any freebies going?
Posted by Lee_Pettengell (Lee_Pettengell), 31 January 2004
Dear Len

I wouldnt have said your post struck a nerve, the larger companies in this industry are always accused of ignoring these forums, at the last NCCA exhibition I was asked why Prochem never went to the local carpet cleaners days out (Sunny days out) the reason is that we are never invited. Prochem would happily attend these events, it is a good chance for people to see new equipment such as the Peak and Everest TMs.

Lee
Posted by Glynn (Glynn), 31 January 2004
What do you mean ? Prochem DID come to our sunny day out ! as did Chemspec and Hydramaster.

Glynn
Posted by Lee_Pettengell (Lee_Pettengell), 31 January 2004
That was about 2 years ago  Glynn. Wink
Posted by Glynn (Glynn), 31 January 2004
No it wasn't  Wink

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.