Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

flyers for window cleaning

Posted by deano (deano), 19 August 2003
starting up window cleaning advice on setting out flyer info  etc thanks
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 23 August 2003
Hi mate send me your email and I'll send you an attachment of a copy of mine if you want. I just print off as many as I need cut them down and away you go my email is.
Alscleaningserv@aol.com
also a good place to buy cards is www.vistaprint.co.uk look under free cards and you get 250 free plus 250= 500 for about £20. really good to, design on line with you within 10 days.
Good Luck. Alan
Posted by mwn398 (mwn398), 9 September 2003
Could you send me one of your flyers as a sample.
                                          Thanx,                                                  mwn398@hotmail.com
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 9 September 2003
No problem I'll send to you soon as.

Posted by wazzastud (wazzastud), 11 September 2003
Hi Guys
I am currently working on a step by step How to Manual about starting a window cleaning business, including getting customers, what equipment you need through to doing the work itself...now I know you are probably thinking well what does he know, well I am currently door canvassing and generating between £50 - £75 worth of new residential business per hour myself..........want to know how E-Mail me for details  warren@libertynewmedia.com
P.S Flyers will not work (you will waste a lot of time and money going down that route, If you do go with flyers you will get 10 – 30 enquires per 1000 flyers 1-3% response rate IF YOU ARE LUCKY

Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 14 September 2003
Funny as I have always done flyer drops and I seemed to do ok
you should not knock it its like if you find a area with out a shinner in then you will get results
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 14 September 2003
I have used leaflets as well and they can produce good results. I did find though that if you put your address as well on the leaflet that seems to help Huh I guess the customer feels a bit more secure knowing where you come from. Smiley
Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 20 September 2003
I make my own. I use a bi-fold business card. The first page lists my name/number, what I do, shows that I'm legal & insured. When you open it, I quote the inside and inside/outside prices separately and a ref number, so when they ring back I know who it is. I also quote that this price is good for 2 months only. When you turn it over, its written in English as well. I buy business card type paper to print on. I always speak to the manager if I can, and wearing a uniform, and most importantly try and get the sale before I leave. If the shop isn't open I usually make a note in my diary, and call back when it is. I find this way, I get less rejections and the client (I hope) percieves this more as a professional service.
In the beginning I would devote an entire day to this, you also get into the swing of it more. I try to bide my time with each client, asking what problems he has, and what business is like. I find they like to know there contractor before spending money on there services.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.